What are you currently listening to? 2022

The guitar at 2:32 is so cool.

3 Likes

Hi Andrea,
A few months ago I also showed this video to my wife,ā€¦and she said the exact same thing, but instead of guitar (I wanted to show her that) she was talking about Roberto :roll_eyes:ā€¦I watch often to ā€œplaying for changeā€. That often makes me (more) happyā€¦
Greetings

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ha, sorry but thatā€™s hard! I have to admit, that this guy is cute, but he canā€™t keep up with his guitar :joy:
I like this video so much, because it shows, how music can be, simple, authentic and a medium to connect people all over the world and make them feel better.
During this frustrating period of time itā€™s a ā€œhappy songā€ for me.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just it :joy: :wink:ā€¦ I love this whole movement, and that is directly or indirectly something Justin is involved in also, and I myself try as much as possible directly around me and indirectly with small donations to participateā€¦I wish you a lot of happy music to listen toā€¦ :smiley: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Andrea go with the flow there will many ups and downs on this long long never ending journey. Happy songs are good for the soul and keep you floating but sometimes its good to go down into the mire, as joy can be found in many places, as long as the guitar is still in your hands.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby, I didnā€™t mean the guitar journey, which I enjoy every day, I thought about all that violence in that stupid war. So tragic. I recently saw the news, showing a totally destroyed house, one single wall was left, a intact guitar was hanging there. This made me so sad. I know, no politics in this communityā€¦
Thanks for writing, I heard your blues for the second time today, because I liked it so much. Blues isnā€™t only sad, itā€™s therapy.

Amen to that ! As long as youā€™re good its cool. As to the other stuff yes it sucks and thatā€™s as much as Iā€™ll say on these pages. :wink:

A week ago started re-listening to Bon Jovi discography. Lost touch with their music ever since they released the Circle album, I think. Currently, youtube is playing his second solo album ā€œDestination Anywhereā€ from 1997, which was a soundtrack for a movie of the same name with K. Bacon and D. Moore. To me, Bon Jovi really started to shine in the New Jersey (1988) - Crush (2000) period (bangers after bangers), and then gradually dwindled.

Josh Turner and Brandon Acker
Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 30, No. 6 - Mendelssohn

Goosebumps!

1 Like

Nick Johnston, Remarkably Human, what a great instrumental guitar album!

Acoustic guitar and a violin, how can you go wrong. This is from their album, This side of Jordan. A superb album.

Xuefei Yang Xuefei Yang - Google Search

Itā€™s a chilly, rainy, grey day here in Joā€™burg ā€¦ quite unseasonal, more Cape Town London town than Joā€™burg ā€¦

Just back from some errands, and felt for some good old hard rock to warm the cockles (too early for any other means of cockle warming)

Opted for a live performance of Perfect Strangers. A Deep Purple classic from '84 when the Mk II lined-up reformed, off the comeback album of the same name, and from the live tour that followed itā€™s release. The only way this could be any better is if it included a Blackmore solo, this performance doesnā€™t yet Blackmore always said it was amongst his favorites to perform.

Paice and Glover lay down a heavy rhythm, great Blackmore riffing, Lordā€™s virtousity, and Gillan in fine form. Itā€™s all oneā€™s taste and upbringing, but it doesnā€™t get much better for me. I recall the orginal being released as a second year student living in a dorm, and our little group gathered before dinner pretty much every night to crank this as loud as possible to get into the mood for the evening to follow.

Enough background and nostalgic waffle, long live rock 'n roll ā€¦

Edit

Loving it so much, took in another ā€¦

2017 with Morse and Airey in for Lord and Blackmore ā€¦ still rocking hard

1 Like

A few days ago I read about the passing of Vangelis. Even though Iā€™m not an authority on electronic music, some of his works are among my earliest musical memories (particularly the 1492 soundtrack which came out when I was 3 years old).

So I decided to listen to one of my favourites, the sprawling 666 album by Aphroditeā€™s Child. If you havenā€™t heard it already, I wonā€™t give away all the details. Based on the Book of Revelations, itā€™s rich in musical influences and textures. As a veritable psych/prog band of its time, the guitar is in spotlight in several songs. The playing by Silver Koulouris is alternately delicate, trippy, raunchy and tasteful, and his tone is sort of like sweet honey to my ears.

I like to think of The Dragon as a sort of companion piece to 666 as it was recorded roughly around the same time but in London (instead of Paris) and with a different set of musicians. It has a decidedly fusion feel but does not lack the folky/Mediterranean vibes featured in 666. A bouzuki was even added to one of the songs. It was one of the first CDs my dad bought - even though the album was withdrawn shortly after the original release as it was never intended to be released officially, the Hungarian copyright laws werenā€™t harmonized perfectly with international regulations before we joined the EU, so technically bootleg recordings like these were available in legit stores for a few years.

But enough of me rambling here, go give it a listen:

Open Mic #8

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just been introduced to Mdou Moctar. if you havenā€™t heard of them hereā€™s an introduction

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did

I am so happy this happenedā€¦finally some brand new music that i really really like. Sadly That does not happen too often these days.

RHCP are back with an album that is close to their peak period. (Imho)

I am totally in love with this Ā«Black summerĀ»ā€¦ A strong lyric that i think maybe is about enviromental issues. At least that is how i Ā«readĀ» thisā€¦it s on a heavy rotation in my place at the moment.

And Mr Frusciante is back with his killer tone. Tones that guy pulls out of a strat is increddibleā€¦

I am itching to give it a go on an elctric guitar at some pointā€¦ just needs to figure out how i play electric guitar first :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

A month today and Iā€™m off to see them in concert. Itā€™s outdoors so Iā€™m just hoping it doesnā€™t rain.

2 Likes

Agree with you there @tRONd , loving the new chillis stuff!
As an aside Iā€™ve been working on the Californication solo over this weekend, itā€™s been a lot of fun and Iā€™m slowly getting it dialled in, hope to share over the next week as a progress update :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure itā€™ll be amazing Stefan! Where is the gig?