What are you currently listening to? 2022

The platy joobs effect :roll_eyes: :laughing:

Got me there, Brian … even a Google was no help.

1 Like

Ah yes, I can see why the google algorithm failed you. I misspelt it. It’s platy jubes apparently :rofl:
England has gone a bit potty over Madge’s platinum jubilee, which some are referring to platy jubes.

I find it kind of funny how everyone says she’s been queen for 70 years. She’s ‘only’ been queen for 69. Her coronation in June 1953 :roll_eyes:
I presumed your Queen share was partly because they performed last night at Buckingham Palace and you had a soft spot for the monarchy…

well, my mouth falls open in astonishment…actually it doesn’t interest me either…but even here we can’t escape the news of your queen…a few times a day in between all the serious news …Maybe they’re celebrating it now because next year …well that’s not nice to type but you know what I mean… :roll_eyes:

Ah ha. Now it makes sense.

Not actually. It was prompted by another conversation.

And probably best not to delver into feelings about the monarchy, could start us down a slippery slope that leads to moderator intervention :grin:

Love these guys. Josh Turner came up in my YouTube algorithm one day and I couldn’t stop listening.

1 Like

I think some of you might appreciate The Cactus Blossoms. This is another one that came up for me randomly and I can’t stop listening to them. I like them so much I bought two of their records and a t-shirt last night. Pure heaven to my ears.

The Cactus Blossoms - Mississippi (Official Music Video) - YouTube

I caught part of a documentary on the White Stripes at the weekend and @Rossco01’s share of his band’s recent gig reminded me of this odd but compelling cover by the great CW Stoneking :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Where do you find these things @brianlarsen ! It’s so slow you are hanging on for every lyric…but I know what you mean “oddly compelling” .

The dude is something else :wink:
Here’s one of his more ‘famous’ songs, albeit a live version with an all-female backing band (which might draw @DarrellW out of his slumber :rofl:)

I was reaching for the crank handle but it draws you in. Very clever and darn hard to play that slow but might just suit my bass picking palmares. :rofl:

Did you spot Bigfoot up in the woods stopping for a quick peek ? I likey ! May have to go to Utub land later after ma mowing duties. Good share BL. :sunglasses:

Could resist the temptation. Mad mental rules ok.

Nope, boring! Nice National though :guitar::+1:
Get a load of this, this is an all lady band, rather talented too! https://youtu.be/WBhtqgiXEA4
Have fun :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha, can’t win ‘em all :person_shrugging:
Come to think of it, I don’t even know why I thought you’d gone quiet… Sure wasn’t I looking up Irongear wiring diagrams last night for HSS :roll_eyes: :rofl:
Regarding the lovebites… That stuff don’t do nuthin’ fer me, but I can appreciate the talent :smiley:

1 Like

OK, this is another of my earworms that you might like

Today more Nick Johnston, cant believe this guy isnt more popular. Real nice balance between rock/shredding and actual music. And themed albums

Since visiting Berlin for the second time last month, I’ve been a bit obsessed by it; watching documentaries, exploring on Google Earth and now five episodes deep into a box-set I bought, Babylon Berlin.
Here’s the title track, a bit NSFW, but hey, we’re talking twenties Berlin here :wink:
To Ashes, to Dust
Enjoy

2 Likes

Hi Brian,
So,… I have no idea what to think of this…somehow I think it’s intensely good it gets under your skin…is that clear enough?..I think thanks for sharing,…just see if I still think the same about it right before falling asleep :sweat_smile:
Greetings

1 Like

This is not for you to worry about, Roger
It is simply an expression of my attraction to the edge of darkness, combined with that ‘Anemoia’ we discussed previously :wink:
“Jeder einmal in Berlin!”

1 Like