What are you currently listening to? 2022

Yes, but that is also part of my “problem”. That period in time has always had my interest for many reasons…not least the climate in which the 2nd world war arose,…but also the cabaret and the lifestyle around it … well … Anemoia ,has been rekindled here… :blush:

Edit:
This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9doTV1B7tY
found through your music link … and much more of this … delicious :grinning: :sunglasses:

My banks’ rubbish hold music. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Were you singing along with the trumpeter doing his ‘Freddie Mercury’? :laughing:

1 Like

:innocent:

:joy: :rofl:

Ooooo, he is so doing great on his trumpettertje … Poes is less charmed by it :grimacing:

1 Like

I’ve been listening to some Lemmy-era Hawkwind in the past few days. I’m thinking about trying to transcribe the bass intro to this song:

1 Like

The Community triggers such unexpected happy moments. Based on reading and replying to a question about instrumental blues, I have this playing as I read and reply this morning.

Now for those who may say ‘but the blues is all the same’, give this a spin …

1 Like

Hi David,
You pretty much filled my whole morning, :sunglasses:…nice…
and in case I didn’t already know, I still have a while to get close to all this stuff…it was a lovely mix of different styles…
Greetings

1 Like

Ah, the souls who know not what they miss ! Parked in my To Watch list for a quiet day, as catching some bass lessons. Good share and lots of good moosik falling out of that other post. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Busy with some mental heavy-lifting and nothing like instrumental blues to create a conducive vibe…

Thoroughly enjoying this. Interesting to begin to hear more of the techniques and motifs being played. A good step to one day being able to play a little more like what I am hearing here.

And there’s a whole channel to dip into :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BluesLoungeMusic

1 Like

Slash and Myles Kennedy most of the afternoon.

1 Like

The Iceman cometh

memo to self - “stage” presence.
Strap up on the right, look cool.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wonderful rendition of an all time classic

1 Like

That’s soooo good but he ain’t Greenie :cry: RIP Pete and Gary.

Stumbled across this whilst looking at guitar reviews… (primarily Maton Blackwood ones…)

5 Likes

OK so I tried to play this last night and it kicked my bottom haha back to some fingetpicking basics…

1 Like

A lovely song, Rob. And after watching that the algorithm served me up this, which is just what the doc ordered for a chilly, grey morning …

3 Likes

What a beautiful song, that’s my new ‘Dreamer’ song now, Rob.

1 Like

Isnt it nice, busy trying to learn it now!

1 Like

Just took in @Dro_1’s excellent rendition of Layla (unplugged) over in AOVYP which prompted me to have a listen to EC and found this most recent recording …

2 Likes