What are you currently listening to? 2022

How do you like it compared to the original? I’ve read the announcement of the 2018 remix (and Waters’ commentary on how it was released) but to be honest, the original sounds pretty good already to me. Is there anything this new mix offers that the original doesn’t have?

On an entirely subjective note: the greyish cover art just doesn’t do it for me.

Only had chance to listen to it once all the way though, and yes the original sounds good to me as well.

Doesn’t really float my boat!

In memory of Pharoah Sanders

1 Like

I’m currently obsessed with Tyler Childers, particularly this song.

2 Likes

Blues Run The Game, a Jackson C Frank song. The original is beautiful, as are many of the covers, particularly one by Janileigh Cohen. A stunning example of the power of simplicity in music, original and cover both.

3 Likes

one I stumbled across listening to the radio

and a good cover of a classic

2 Likes

The algorithm just served me this…

A pre-release from Neil Young’s next album with Crazy Horse, World Record, to be released in November. Not your usual, hard rocking Crazy Horse garage band rock, a gentle, engaging song, with Neil focused on nature and ecology, with a child-like way.

Apart from enjoying the song and video, I think it is a fine example of song writing and arrangement from which those of us who try our hand at originals can learn from.

Or maybe I am just a fan-boy :grin:

2 Likes

Just finished catching up with all 5 seasons of Rick & Morty.

Went looking for one of the OST tracks, turns out it was an original by Ryan Elder. But was directed to this on my travels, three days later, still on repeat.

Along with pool playing, signs of a misspent youth.

1 Like

It say’s the video has been removed. Illegal sharing there David? :smiley:

Here you go, Stefan. (alternatively you just ‘google’)
(Hope there are no mammary glands this time :roll_eyes:)
Gotta love Neil, but not mad keen on this. Reminds me a bit of latter Beatles style. Simple popular message, I guess.
I prefer things painted black…

3 Likes

Thanks Brian. :slight_smile:

:rofl: Not this time.

I see what you mean about a Beatlesque feel to it. Not a bad track though.

Not my everyday music, but I like his versions of Sultans of Swing and Africa.

1 Like

I found this piece this week and even though it has no guitars in it (well, there’s a bass guitar if it counts) I think some of you may enjoy it.

2 Likes

So I have had this Chordplay “lesson” on the back burner for a while but it inspired it me to track down the album Deep Purple In Rock on YouTube that I have not listened in full for a number of years (yes its in the collection but I am sitting in front of the PC).

Anyway grabbed a couple of bottles of Pelforth Brun, put the cans on and whacked up the volume. So many memories with this album, especially as I used to rock my daughter to sleep with this cranking away in the background 42 years ago. And might explain her musical tastes and her keeping me current.

Chordplay Lesson

DPIR Full Album (and I am gone man solid gone :metal: :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:)

4 Likes

That album was an early influence on me as well :slight_smile:

In Rock > Machine Head

1 Like

Enjoyed this today, the debut album of the Tedeschi Trucks Band, Revelator

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeWQwA5c7CKzH2f5LYkCp9d7b1ebwnYBw

3 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Oh dear what have you started, you reminded me I hadn’t listened to that album in years and it seems I no longer have the vinyl (I blame the nephew) had to download it on Apple music and will very much enjoy listening to it again - thanks

Cool Nancy enjoy !
:sunglasses:

Toby suggested this in the OMXI afterchat, it’s worth giving it a listen!

2 Likes

Not heard them for years, interesting band some of their stuff was brilliant!

1 Like