What are you currently listening to? 2022

Great share Luka, like Darrell its been a while for me as well but a cracking album ! Now I am feeling old ! :sunglasses:

That was some great listening David.

I think they have more members than Earth, Wind and Fire. :smiley:

1 Like

My brother suggested some albums to listen to and courtesy of YT I’m enjoying the recommendations.

Today I’m working to the sounds of Buddy Guy, his album Sweet Tea which is covers of classic songs in the Mississippi Hills Country Blues genre.

@SgtColon a much smaller band of musicians on this album :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUBfEu24YXNhowvZ-kSvFlkndSQl70ZlB

4 Likes

:rofl:

Thanks for the share David, I’m enjoying this on too.

1 Like

Just some local alternative rock:

Over the last few days I was prompted to listen to a number of albums from Radiohead (The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Hail To The Thief which I think is the order of their release) by @brianlarsen posting Karma Police in AVOYP.

This morning I am back to more familiar territory. Robert Plant is naturally most famous as the frontman of Led Zeppelin. But he has continued to make records since then and I confess some of his solo albums appeal more to me than some of the earlier work with LZ (do I need to run fast now to avoid being scragged and burnt at the stake?). This is Carry Fire from 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWmdrxukffoDCOpF6oJdu9x0kDZ9ifb_t

3 Likes

I think his album Dreamland is almost as good as the ones by Led Zep. His recording of Morning Dew was the first version of the song I’ve heard so that is kind of the standard I compare other versions to.

2 Likes

Just what I needed to blow my audio tech issues away !

So after the last Open Mic you’d be forgiven for thinking the best “rockers” to come out of Spain were @Rumil and @KevinKevan haha but then its likely that you have not met this bunch of nutters before. I’ve shared them here in the past, as I just love their attitude and energy.

Anyway this dropped on my YouTube doorstep earlier today and I’ve just cranked the handle on yet another spiced up take on an old classic.

Who needs flamenco when you can get fresh Peaches. I guess that means Halloween will be here soon ?

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know about this group. They’re pretty rad.

Thanks for sharing, Toby :metal:

1 Like

Not music but music related. Interview with Dominic Miller.(Stings Guitarist for over 30 years)

1 Like

I’m guessing that maybe you’re not aware of this version.

3 Likes

That’s ace Toby, not seen them before!
But I have seen this:

Fairly local band who wanted to copy what Frogleap studios do!

1 Like

Oops I seem to have slipped into the Broken Peach rabbit hole :joy:

But I also like Leo’s version!

There are some similarities, but as expected Leo is a bit more extreme!

1 Like

Darrell when it comes to the Peaches there is a whole warren I can share with you.
But I’ll stick to the Halloween specials. Enjoy !

2 Likes

Haha, already watched them :joy:

1 Like

Blasphemy is all i can say about this monstrosity.
It even comes with a touchscreen? What’s next? Making musical phone calls? Melodic tictoc vid’s, while you’re at it?
I hope this never becomes “a thing”.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

I’ve recently discovered Tom Waits. What a career. What a perfomer. I think i’ll be listening for a while… But this one is on my top 10 atm…
Goin’ Out West

1 Like

Haha, too late they’re doing strong and by several manufacturers.
Point is if it can be done it will be; however give me a 50’s 000 Martin every time!

1 Like

To celebrate a return of one of the prolific musicians from the old community (Patthebunny), here’s a fresh release from another of our old members. Maybe Marcus joins us again at some point :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

You, my friend, are in for a treat! :smiley:
Ever since hearing In the Neighbourhood on Swordfishtrombones back in '83, he’s been a hot favourite in my library :sunglasses:

1 Like