What are you currently listening to? 2022

Well nipping back in to the norm of the forum @BobW72 posted a wonderful Blackberry Smoke version of You Got Lucky. Which for some reason threw me over here and an old Rumjackā€™s song from way back when. Why the connection ? I donā€™t know or care but unashamedly repost. But not my cover from the ā€œvaultā€ as its nearly Touse Saint and spirits are afoot.

2 Likes

On reflection and thinking of my good friends in St Petersburg and Moscow in these difficult times. Music crosses all borders and boundaries,

Where else would you get this cosmopolitan mash up ! Only here on the JBC.

Stream An Irish Pub Song Cover by tobyjenner | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Hey this has just flipped into Crocs Audioslave Broken Slave

Life is good !

:sunglasses:

The wifes favorite band. She loves Dale Krantzā€™s voice and the whole vib of the band.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently listening to my neighbour banging on the wallā€¦she seems to do that when Iā€™m practising :flushed: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Cheaper than a drum machine then :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Only if she has good rhythm :laughing:

1 Like

Goes with the season/holiday.

1 Like

Is that the 1 and the 3 ? :rofl:

I bet that is just a normal Saturday night round at yours Toby. :smiley:

Only if the missus can hear me playing but I think she just turns the tele up these days :rofl:
I should add thatā€™s the TV and not a ā€œteleā€ as I ainā€™t got one of them ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yet! :smiley:

2 Likes

Re-watched/listened to this show after somebody suggested a 10 minute song done by a band with electric guitars could be a challenge on an acoustic. Hereā€™s one track, one of my favourite songs ā€¦

2 Likes

My favourite German Irish folk band

1 Like

Theyā€™re really good arenā€™t they, have you looked a their live sets?

@DarrellW Larkin Poe - yeah I have seen quite a few on youtube. Some nice bluesy stuff!

1 Like

Nick Barrett live in his studio, off the Pendragon album Love over fear, didnā€™t think they were still around!

1 Like

Iā€™m getting myself more and familiar with latest RHCP album called Return of the Dream Canteen. Both with this and Unlimited Love albums I needed a few attempts to finally get myself familiar with all tracks and to start enjoying songs in there. I absolutely love the song below, when the fast bit enters in I think itā€™s such a banger, recommend it to anyone interested and apologies for explicit song title! :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

A slow blues, featuring the legend Peter Green. A cover of Have You Ever Loved a Woman, originally written by Billy Myles and first recorded by Freddie King. Later covered many times by Eric Clapton. At least so Wikipedia tells me.

2 Likes