What are you currently listening to? 2023

Teach your children,…

I was just listening to it,…and actually wanted to put it in Justin’s Happy 1st year,…but thought that was a bit too,…so better here

Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Lovejoy - One Day

ストラトキャスター・シーサイド / Suspended 4th

Well after a productive afternoon with a couple of new Solo Blues pieces, I settled down to this Mance Lipscomb playlist. In between chewing the fat with @CT

And after a few Cracking the Code videos, followed by a bit of Johnson (Cliffs of Dover) and Malmsteen (Triology) I’ve gone full circle for some late night Lightening Hopkins.

How wonderfully diverse our guitar world is peeps. Tomorrow maybe some Nugent, Maiden and a little Howlin Wolf between practice sessions.

4 Likes

1 Like

This:

1 Like

Folk/Bluegrass are not my usual taste, but this song is just so catchy, and the video has a certain charm to it. I don’t even know how I stumbled upon it, but I’ve occasionally come back to this song over the past couple of years.

3 Likes

8 January is David Bowie Day for me

2 Likes

I really like this band, something about them!!!

2 Likes

Hi Todd,
Maybe here at the top somewhere in this thread :joy: :joy:… … sorry,no problem of course :blush: :wink:… and I only know this because I also think this is such a nice song, … and super easy to play with, …cannot be repeated often enough :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

This guy was funny!

1 Like

There are a whole lot of posts in this thread, and I have not attempted to look at them all. So, if it’s up there somewhere, I think I missed it. Sorry!

As far as how I discovered the song, I think it just came up on my YouTube feed; I watch I a lot of YouTube.

I suppose it would be pretty easy to play along to. Maybe I’ll give it a shot!

Greetings,
Todd

1 Like

That’s what I was trying to say ,…sorry is not necessary :blush:,…I’m also going to double post here or somewhere else…And I once learned “double sewed, hold better” :sunglasses:

Go for it, it’s super fun :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Greetings,…

1 Like

So this, what a version of a classic, might have to give playing it a go haha

2 Likes

JJ does some great covers of what could be called “classics” and this is a fine example. There’s a couple of great playlists on his channel for this kind of cover if you have half a day to while away. Well worth a subscription which of course costs nowt :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is a player that bounces around on the guitar message boards that I frequent. Super cool guy with incredible talent:

Jeff Beck RIP

His first solo album from '68

1 Like

We have just started acoustic blues at the club last night and this one of songs we had a go at.
Must say blues was not one of my things but I think it is going to grow on me.

So catchy that unscrupulous artists out there will just rip it off :rofl:

1 Like

Bit of strange week, where I’ve practicing a few exercises and drills but not really been motivated to “play”. But along with a bit of theory, I’ve been checking out a few lessons on another site and tumble on an artist I was not familiar with but loved the energy and kinda Mississippi Blues style rock ( Samantha Fish ). Guess those state side will be more aware of this young lady but I’m hooked.

So, Covid Booster tomorrow evening and if the side effects kick in, I’ll be settling down with this set.

2 Likes

I first came across Samantha Fish with Joe Bonamassa She comes in at the 2:30 mark.
She’s got some kill skills.

2 Likes