What are you currently listening to? 2023

Yeah, was watching her lesson on Oh Why ?! thinking the rhythm looked easy. Boy was I wrong, girlā€™s got fast fingers and a great sound. :+1: And with that cigar box, much more easier on the eye than Seasick Steve, whoā€™ve Iā€™ve not checked out in years !

That session is an abject lesson in ā€œno such thing as a lead guitaristā€. Each and everyone of them ripping up impros and soloing, is filling rhythm deep in the pocket, waiting their turn.
No Rhythm No Lead No Shortcuts !
:sunglasses:

And jeez feeling old. It was 15 years ago Seasick rocked up on Jools Holland and also played the Reading Festival

2 Likes

In view of my current learning pathā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

10 years old!!!

4 Likes

Working on some new ā€œprogressiveā€ Blues licks today and discovered a new tendon flexibility exercise but then had my 4th Covid booster. So this evening Iā€™ve lined up a couple(?) of bottles of Pelforth and whacked on some vintage acker dacker. Angus and Bon at their best !

Do places like the Apollo Glasgow exist any more ? Or is it just the bands just arenā€™t like they used to be or am I getting old. Not too old to rock for sure. So many great gigs came out of Renfield Street ! Quo springs to mind !

As usual one thing leads to another, so Iā€™ll watch this before cranking up the Family Jewels DVDs I have on the PC.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just had some of the best news Iā€™ve had for a long whileā€¦ā€¦

They so very much deserve it after all the hard work theyā€™ve put into their careers so far, I knew they would make it and this together with their headline tour in Europe this year is where they deserve to be!

1 Like

RIP Robbie Bachman

1 Like

New studio recording from BSC.

Rock your socks off.

:metal:

1 Like

HOLY FINGERPICKINGā€¦and why are we trying to learn guitar with a pic.
AMAZING!!!
#josephinealexandra

1 Like

Chatting to my brother over the weekend, he mentioned that the first big international artist he saw after moving from SA to London was Jeff Beck. An incredible evening with many encores, until finally he ripped the strings off his guitar and said he was done for the night. He mentioned how powerful loud the sound was. I menioned doing a bit of a deeper dive and taking in Truth and Beck- Ola (first two solo albums) and he immediately recommened Guitar Shop as a ā€˜must listenā€™

1 Like

This is one Iā€™m sure most of you have heard, but itā€™s been stuck in my head for two days since I saw a clip of it pop up on Reddit. Someone posted it, discussing how great McCartney was with both singing and playing bassā€¦ Which, yeah, McCartney is great atā€¦ but I think where he shines brightest is his song-writing. This song will literally not leave my head. I feel like a hostage. :rofl:

3 Likes

Seeing them in May, canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

Another spin on an old classic

3 Likes

Great find Rick, what a refreshing version :+1:

Thatā€™s a fine bass sound heā€™s getting out of that cajon :smiley:

1 Like

Robert who ?

Great vocals and the band aint bad !

4 Likes

That will be awesome, Gertjan! Super jealous! :metal::sweat_smile:
Have you listened to Eternal Champion (the ones from Austin Texas, not Illinois)? They arenā€™t super well known but play some of my favourite new school but old school Epic Heavy Metal. Check 'em out, theyā€™re worth a listen imo:

2 Likes

An 80s style metal band with a sword and sorcery themeā€¦this is amazing.

1 Like

Yeah ticks all the boxes eh! :sweat_smile: Glad you you like it Alexis! :metal:

I get some slight Ghost vibes from them (especially the vocals), not bad at all!

1 Like

Folks on the old forum will recognise the name Marcusmarkmus and Marc has dropped in here I believe since we cross the bridge. But for those who donā€™t follow him and Sandra on YouTube, here is the latest release from Sandmark. Its a stunner, natch :sunglasses:

1 Like