What are you currently listening to? 2023

To continue Nicole’s morbid theme, this is a beautiful song …

1 Like

Paul, that’s an incredibly beautiful song. Didn’t know it. Some day when I’m really really back at playing guitar, I would like to learn to play it. Thank you. :slight_smile:

But wait, I have one more that’s on my list and of which I know at least that I can sing it. Have been belting along many many times along with it at work, when there was no one in the office anymore.

This is really starting to get morbid…

1 Like

The music that moves me the most almost always deals with difficult themes - two standout artists this year for me are Ren (particularly the song “Hi Ren”) and Raye’s album 21st Century blues - almost every song on that record is a tough listen, “Ice cream man” or “Mary Jane” for example.

I can relate. I have to check out these two. Phoebe Bridgers is a familiar name, and one or the other of her songs is on one of my playlists.

Great recommendations. Both of them. I know what I’ll be listening to tomorrow during the bus trips to and from Helsinki. Great voices. “Hi Ren” is on one of my playlists now already. Fascinating how such a challenging song can have so many views on YouTube.

1 Like

Hmm… how do I now get the themes of winter and dying together? Maybe with this. It’s in Finnish “Lapin kesä” (Lapland’s summer), the lyrics are written in 1902 by Finland’s national poet Eino Leino. I will not even attempt translating them. It’s an ode to Finland’s nature and particularly the harsh nature in Finnish Lapland, where everything lives so fast and dies so soon.

Saturday and so much darkness, guess a bit of JJ is apt :wink:

One for the young mad man

1 Like

Sorry you distracted my JJ immersion. That looks like the Woodstock footage if I am not mistaken ?

Roger - I absolutely love the Playing For Change collaborations! Such great music bringing people together from around the world. Here are three of my favorites!

The Weight

Dock of The Bay

When The Levee Breaks

2 Likes

Have this in my Watch Later. Happy memories of a stinking hot Saturday down at the Valley.

Two of my guilty pleasures

1 Like

Good to see Amy back on form. :sunglasses:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner are you still listening to music in 2023?

2 Likes

my wife still thinks I’m listening to music in the 1980’s

1 Like

Did anyone see Muireann Bradley on Hootenanny last night? Amazing for a 17 year old. https://youtu.be/YnFEEnzgg_A?si=G0eyC5SK646ktf_w

It will take me at least 2 months to remember what day year it is !

1 Like

Ah no I get it, you want me to create the new for 24 topic ! I just seen people have been posting in the 2021 and 2022 threads just a week ago, so I ain’t that far behind.
:sunglasses:

1 Like