What are you currently listening to? 2024

Wow, that song is really good! Definitely gonna listen to their other stuff.

1 Like

First single from the upcoming Slash & friends Blues album:

My favourite scene in the music video:

Something for @JustinGuitar to listen to while being a busy father and writing a blues course at the same time :slight_smile:.

Slash has also been playing lapsteel on the current Conspirators tour. Really glad to hear him do more blues stuff which he always gives credit to but apart from a jam with BB King here and there, never really did much of. Stoked to hear the whole album in May!

4 Likes

Just listening to this!

This old Lou Reed Velvet Underground classic

4 Likes

If the rest is anything like this one, it will be a cracker.

Reminded me immediately of Long Grey Mare. Now I know that it was Howling Wolf inspired. And to have a video to watch as well as the song, opted for Gary Moore’s live version

1 Like

I didn’t know Long Grey Mare (like most Americans I only know Fleetwood Mac’s later pop stuff), but wow it really does sound like Killing Floor. The repeating rhythm guitar riff is the same (also apparent in Slash’s Killing Floor). The vocal line is also very similar to Killing Floor, though the lyrics are different, of course. It’s kind of incredible that Green took full writing credit on Long Grey Mare, but I guess that was par for the course in those days.

This 1st Fleetwood Mac album sounds pretty good, I think I might give it a listen :slight_smile:

And maybe even still more prevalent today than one would wish.

I think early Fleetwood Mac is great. While the men who’s names are immortalised in the band name remained, the other musicians and musical direction quite different as you said.

It is actually not too bad to learn. I played it several times last month. I just have to improve my choppy strumming. The point is it is a very reasonable goal and a beautiful song.

Two great metal albums came out recently and they’re both great.

Invincible Shield by Judas Priest

It’s amazing how good this is, and how on Earth does Rob Halford sound so frickin awesome after all these years?

Mandrake Project by Bruce Dickinson

This isn’t a Maiden record and it shouldn’t be one. But it’s great in its own right. And maybe Bruce doesn’t sing as high as he used to, he still sounds so good.

And The Warning, one of the best new rock bands, released two new songs from the upcoming album.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a big fan too however I prefer the live performances on HYCAD, not heard Qué Más Quieres live yet but I feel sure that it will sound better live! To me both have been overproduced, basically for commercial means, not really my idea of good representation of their skills. But hey that’s just my opinion and preference.

Yeah, I just listened to HYCAD live and it sounds so much rawer but at the same time way more powerful. They’re amazing live and I hope one day I’ll get a chance to catch them on the road.

I saw them last year when they were on tour with Muse, kinda killed two birds with one stone! They’re amazing live, I’m seeing them again this year at the end of April, can’t wait. I’ve actually followed them since 2013/4 when their cover of Enter Sandman went viral, it’s been a great experience watching them grow into what they are now!

1 Like

Well there was me thinking the only things that came out of Japan was speed metal!
These young ladies are just amazing!

4 Likes

Wow, that must’ve been great! Unfortunately, there won’t be any concerts for me in the nearest future. But they have a long way to go, so there’s still plenty of time.
I discovered them because somebody mentioned in the comments behind Halestorm live how awesome they were with them on tour. That’d have been a perfect combo to see.

1 Like

Granted, but I know who I’d rather curl up with :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Sure was, and on the last concert with Halestorm Lzzy gifted Dany a custom built Gibson Explorer specially made for her; so when you’re watching some of their YouTube videos if you see Dany playing the white Explorer that’s where it came from! If you watch the performance of Enter Sandman at Teatro Metropolitan CDMX you’ll see it!

1 Like

Yes, that was epic. I can’t even imagine, how exciting it must be to get a custom Explorer from Lzzy herself.