What are you currently listening to? 2024

3 Likes

Yesterday I passed my driving exam (finally) so:

4 Likes

A pretty new Canadian band Freeze the fall, just made their first EP which was crowdfunded by us supporters, Quinn - Guitar and lead vocals (16); Jonah - Drums (15) and Aria Bass and backing vocals (15).
First track - Glitch

Second track - Daughters of witches

1 Like

2 Likes

A literal who’s who in the world of guitar in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust and Teen Cancer America.

5 Likes

For all you Irish types & to honor St. Patrick’s Day… this young(ish) lady from Dublin…

Erin go Bragh!

Tod

By the way…….
The lyrics are a bit “adult” in nature. Not in a bad way but in the US we’d say between PG-13 & R rated…. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Tod

Listened to it twice and what a fantastic piece of music it is. Now I want to see a video to know who played each part.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to pick them out by the tone and style of playing I hear. If you check the description box under the video on YouTube proper it has a list of everyone who played on the track.

New Pat Metheny single out today.

Not new but it’s just sooooo good!

3 Likes

In Ireland a ‘U’ :wink:
Reminded me of this Belgian gem :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh dear… I just got sucked in :rofl:

2 Likes

Never heard of Vaya Con Dios before… I like both of those songs! I’m thinking their style is reminiscent of another band that I’m trying to find… it’s an Austrian Gypsy Jazz Swing group that is way cool…….
I’ll find it, have them in a playlist somewhere…
:exploding_head:

Tod

Found it! Maybe not quite as similar as I recalled but a fun tune with some good guitar & hot and tasty violin playing!!!

Enjoy!!!

Also, while looking I came across this little gem…

Tod :smile:

2 Likes

Goovey! It’s esoteric time!!

Best. Lyrics. Ever.

If you like the RHCP you will like these guys.

I need to learn this, why haven’t I learned this one yet?

2 Likes

Cool!!!

Some Pokey Lafarge

Some PG-13 Pokey LaFarge

Language warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nANwSH1qTyc

1 Like

Some funky stuff of a Swiss Band

And this one made me smile yesterday :blush:

2 Likes

My husband has recently been fascinated by just intonation and alternate tunings. He treated me, his sister, and brother-in-law to a concert by Horse Lords. They are much more enjoyable live than on the home stereo. I actually enjoyed it!