What are you currently playing? (Video games)

Interesting, one to keep an eye on as I enjoyed Kingmaker. I hope they donā€™t use that cartoon cutscene style in the actual game thoughā€¦ totally loses the dark, gothic, 40k aesthetic, in my opinion.

I bought the Batman Arkham trilogy about a week ago but I havenā€™t started it yet.

Iā€™m a completionist so I generally will only play 1-2 games at a time. I sunk a ton of hours into Fallout 3, 4, and New Vegas, RDR2, Skyrim, Witcher 3, GTA 5, and Outer Worlds over the last couple of years.

I enjoyed Outer Worlds more than the first-person Fallout games, though to be fair itā€™s probably largely because itā€™s the closest weā€™ll ever get to having a game set in the Firefly universe.

For me I was intrigued because I read the people who made Fallout New Vegas were involved in creating it (best Fallout game IMO). There were a few gripes I had about the game but I really liked the story and charactersā€¦I spent way too much time making sure Parvatiā€™s date was perfect.

I loved Outer Worlds, but Iā€™m much more excited for their next game Avowed, first person RPG similar to Skyrim set in the pillars of eternity universe. Excited since I loved the word PoE is set in (Eora)

Not gaming much these days, used to play a lot when I got my PS4 (maybe a little too much), now the console gathers up dust at my parents place.

However, last year I was home for 8 months and couldnā€™t do much due to a medical thing, so I got some games that I wanted to give a try since long ago: Spiderman, God of War and The Last of Us Part II.

The 2 first games were very impressive, both story and gaming wise, last of us 2 disappointed me a bit but still glad I played it.

Im about to play some stardew valley i hope its good on the switch!!

1 Like

Never played any games. Never saw the attraction to be honest.

Stardew valley is good on everything!

Tried Elden Ring, still way to Souls for me even with the open world, i just cant be bothered with all the work for so little reward.

So refunded and bought God of War, looks stunning, great story, loving it

I was looking for a relaxing crafting sim and i thought stardew would fix that itch. But i bought it on the switch guess ill find out!!

Have it on my car and on my steam account, its great fun

Your car? Dude im hooked so far its great!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Nothing like a good sim like game to relax you. Animal crossing is good for that as well. Stardew has that great pixel art though.

I just finished A Plague Tale Innocence on my Xbox which I would recommend, really interesting story. Itā€™s a third person action adventure set in France during the Hundred Yearsā€™ War. It reminds me of third person games like the Last of Us.

Next Iā€™ll probably play Deathloop as that will hit gamepass next week.

1 Like

NIce yeah ive played some of plague it was good from what i played of it!!! Yeah deathloop is great!!

I had a month free of ms game pass and blasted Plague Tale, a very worthy game imo enjoy

I must be getting more picky in my old ageā€¦ or games are just getting worse. I got a free month on game pass to have a crack at MS Flight Sim (again). Despite having access to over a hundred games I hadnā€™t played before, I couldnā€™t find a single one that seemed worth the download. :sleeping:

Currently scratching my space sim itch in X4: Foundations again. Really good game (and series, apart from one blemish) though not for everyone. It has a steep learning curve, can be finicky and has no hand holding whatsoever. The player has to be imaginative enough to come up with their own goals. Damn shame they never bothered adding VR as it would be the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Horizon 2 and Octopath Traveller.

I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, I canā€™t say 2 has the same impact, but you can never have enough of a good thing.

Havnt played horizon 2 yet but ive played a little octopath it was good!

Iā€™m mostly into RPGs and Flight sims, with Oblivion being my main diversion at the moment (Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Cyberpunk fill in the gaps). I used to game a lot, but since picking up the guitar, game time has been scaled way backā€¦and thatā€™s just fine!

I felt like that when I first subbed to gamepass years ago. Now though there are plenty of types of games that I play (western style RPGs) on the sub that theyā€™ve added throughout the years. Now that they own so many RPG studios too many of these games will never leave the service and any sequels will join it day and date. To name of few:

• All of the Elder scrolls/Fallout games by Bethesda
  • Starfield will hit the service day 1
  • All of the wasteland and bardā€™s tale titles by InXile plus their planescape torment spiritual successor Torment: Tides of Numera
  • Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2 plus the Outer worlds by Obsidian
  • All of the Shadowrun games