What are your dreamer songs?

My current are:

SRV: Pride and Joy
Gary Clark jr: Grinder (North America Tour Live version)

2 Likes

I have hundreds, but my number one would probably be:
Judas Priest - Painkiller

3 Likes

Dreamer songs: “Falling Slowly” from the movie Once and “Dust in the Wind”. Last but not least, “Lay Me Down” by Loretta Lynn and Willie Nelson

2 Likes

I’m working on “Landslide” currently. It’s quite complicated in its simplicity, if that makes any sense!

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: looking forward to this one :+1:

1 Like

I really got inspired reading through the comments. I know most of them though, but there where few new I never had heard.
I wouldn’t really know what to pick as a dreamer or something really difficult piece I would luv to be able to play, some far out in the future. As long as its a good piece and it sound good, I am more than happy. :slight_smile: Guess they are all dreamers then :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Here’s a few of my “Dreamers”

Solisbury Hill by Peter Gabriel
Mary Had a Little Lamb by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Give a Little Bit by Supertramp

I’ll probably move one of these into the “Developer” list this year.

1 Like

My dream song was and remains “Am I Evil?” by Metallica / Diamond Head.

In the six months since I started learning again, I’ve almost exclusively been playing my acoustic guitar so zero progress has been made.

Realistically I’ll need to get playing some basic metal songs and techniques before I even consider something like this one but it’s the dream.

2 Likes

Current dreamer song is Windy and Warm. Also Chet Atkins’ version of Ave Maria. Some day…

1 Like

Justin has a great lesson on Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.
It was also part of the Electric Jam Workshop he had in Italy last fall.
It was a stretch goal for me but I got up and played it.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I have a dreamer song as such per se, but I do have some bands I’d love to learn the songs of: Dangerous Curves, Ted Poley’s various works, Danger Danger… It’s more of a sound I chase after in my mind when I think of what I want to play, but even that sound is ever-changing and fluid like everything else in my life. Or, at least, so it seems.

I’m sure I had a dreamer song at one point. But…I can’t remember what it is, or was, if I did. So, some examples of ones I’d love to play that would be a dream for me to be able to play:

• “Crossing This Ocean” by Poley/Rivera
  • “Everything We Are” by Ted Poley
  • “Maybe” by Ted Poley
  • “Shadows” by The Midnight
  • “Rainbow” by Kesha
  • “Club Mile High” by Dangerous Curves
  • “In Lonesome Dove” by Garth Brooks
  • “It’s A Great Day To Be Alive” by Travis Tritt

So, yeah. Just emotions I feel when I think about being able to play well…

1 Like

Great choice, Matt! That song is killer! :metal: I’ve had a couple of brief goes at it in the past, most of it is not too bad so as far as Metallica tunes are concerned (albeit a cover), so this wouldn’t be a bad one to try. Would love to see you attack this one when you’re ready buddy! :metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Yes, and it is a few years out of my league yet. Just a dream I have…

Great for a rhythmic sections and fills, but not touched on solos at all which I found a bit disappointing

@AshenRose This captures dreamer songs so well. I definitely have that as well - certain songs hit hard when I listen to them, and it’s that wish of being able to recreate the feeling through actively playing.

I’m loving all the variety in everyone’s replies. (Have also noted down a few forgotten ones for an extended list!)

1 Like

As I’ve been struggeling with the F chord for months now, every song I like to be able to play containing the F is a dreamer song for me at the moment :sweat_smile:.

Oh great :smiley:! Congratulations, Tony :clap::bouquet:. I can remember you mentioning that you’re working on this song. As it was a new song for me, I had to check it out. Since then, it’s in my playlist :blush:.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Ohh I like this thread.
Currently my dreamer song is Neon, by John Mayer.
I will never learn this but I dream I can :blush:

Really nice topic and some excellent picks :+1:
At the moment mine are probably…

1952 Vincent black lightning-Richard Thompson

Angeles-Elliot Smith

Little wing-Hendrix

My dreamer songs are ----“Freebird”-Lynyrd Skynyrd all the way through and “While my guitar gently weeps” Tom Petty and Prince version. And Santana of course.
However as I am still trying to put together grade 2 songs I fear it may not happen. :sob: