What bands have I missed after the mid 1990’s

@wterry8437
Welcome to the Community. All these bands being suggested and nearly all I have never heard of. If I am not careful I will spend more time following them up and no time with my guitar.

@DarrellW
To be honest not heard of any of them.
I am definitely out of touch with things

@roger_holland I have definitely heard of U2, my daughter listens to them.

Of course Michael,
I hardly dare to say anything with certainty these days, but I don’t think there are 100 people wandering around here or with Justin (and there are more than 2.5 million) only on Youtube who don’t know U2…
Wish you a lot of listening pleasure in the coming years :smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also, lets not forget…

David Gray.
Radiohead.
Beck.
Green Day.
Coldplay.
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.
Travis.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
London Grammar.
Manic Street Preachers.
Royal Blood.
Stereophonics.
Portishead.
Newton Faulkner.
Jack Johnson.
Skunk Anansie.
Outkast.
The White Stripes.
Mumford and sons.
Leon Bridges.
The Black Keys.
Amy Macdonald.
Bon Iver.
Gregory Alan Isakov.
Johnny Flynn.
The Civil Wars.
Michael Kiwanuka.
Of Monsters and Men.

I could go on but I had better stop. Just one last one, 2001 by Dr Dre is a superb album but if you don’t like gangers rap then I’d stay away from it. :smiley:

1 Like

One of my friends likes them so much, he created this: http://shit.band :laughing:

Kind of sums them up for me Brian. :smiley:

It’s not that they are ‘bad’, I just don’t think they are as deserving of the status they have achieved.
I have friends who watch them play at the Baggot Inn in Dublin and thought they were great.
As a teenager living abroad, I thought New Year’s Day was refreshing, even ‘cool’.
I’m possibly an inverse snob when it comes to band’s becoming popular :wink:

:see_no_evil:
I just can’t imagine that you can be such a fan of someone…I only have 1 CD from them,…and the most beautiful song on that CD is with BBking together… :grin:

@SgtColon
The list check out gets longer🎶

Didn’t see Voltbeat … for me newer music that I like doesn’t come around very often… I’m sure theres lots out there. Madrugada is pretty good added them to my spotify. Thanks @tRONd

Dave

1 Like

Oh, there’s a lot to get through! I don’t see much alt-country up there though so will add a few:

Uncle Tupelo, a sort of punk influenced acoustic take on Americana and American small town life.

Wilco. Contains multitudes, from art rock to art country. Maybe start with ‘Wilco’ the album, one of theirs from a couple of years ago and a good overview of Wilco being Wilco. My favourite band at the moment.

Drive By Truckers! Political country rock, nostalgic southern rock, great songs about weird characters

1 Like

Joe Bonamassa

If you like Blues Rock stuff, and the earlier Blues from BB King etc, give him a listen - plenty of stuff on Youtube - look for JBonamassa TV.

1 Like

@AndyTake2 @oliver_bendix
Thanks for the further suggestions, I have quite a list to work through.
Cheers Michael :+1: