What is your first, last and next concert?

First - Alabama in Dayton, OH 80’s
Last- Daughtry at Fraze Pavillion 2021
Next - Three Days Grace - Cincinnati

1 Like

Nice topic!

First:

1. first ever concert was by an early ‘80s Indian rock group (mostly played covers and some originals), in 1987, I think they were called Rock Machine, later known as Indus Creed.
  2. first “real” concert was Pink Floyd, the division bell tour, at Giants Stadium, NJ, 1994 or perhaps 1995

Last: Tommy Emmanuel with special guest Mike Dawes, Ridgefield, CT, April 2022

Next: (if I can get good tickets) Roger Waters, This is not a drill, August 2022, Long Island, NY

1 Like

Strangely enough I was until I caught up with some of their latest stuff; not very inspiring for me!
As Symphonic metal is a new thing for me and Nightwish are in the UK this year plus they’re the dogs danglies in this genre it was a no brainier!

1 Like

First: CSNY, Fillmore East, NYC 1970
Last: Who, Stones, McCartney, Dylan, Waters, Young……Desert Trip, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Next: No idea

Hmmmm…just realized Neil Young was my first and last :+1:

1 Like

A topic to make me green

First: Jaluka, Good Hope Centre, Cape Town, 1983
Last: Dan Patlansky, Barnyard, Pretoria, 2022
Precious few in between
Next: who knows, concerts are few and far between

1 Like

Oh dear this going to show my age

First Concert - The Sunderland Empire UK 1970, a collection of bands that included Yes and Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band (they did amusing covers of recent pop songs)

Last Concert- sometime in the mid 1980’s either ZZ Top at Donnington Park or Lindesfarne’s Christmas Concert at the City Hall Newcastle

Next Concert - nothing planned

Perhaps the most iconic concert we attend was The Rolling Stones at St James park in 1982. Everybody who was anybody in the North East of England was there. As I recall we sent the office junior to stand in the queue to get the allocation of ten tickets, we paid for his ticket for his effort

1 Like

I was at the EJ/John Lennon show in 74 :+1:

Well, this is getting a bit weird, but a concert is a concert…soss
First: Apollo ,Amersfoort accordion association, quite big concert my mother played at.
Last : Well now it will be … about 6 weeks ago, the same as above but a club from Maarn, in
collaboration with Fata Morgana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwNkLaqyYI
Next : :roll_eyes:…I hope something comes through a bit near me…otherwise it will be again accordion…but almost Eric clapton, but I’m very attached to my kidney, we thought that was really ridiculous expensive,…and more almost concerts but corona and some other things sometimes get in the way…oja, in the meantime I’ve seen more artists than I can write down from Slayer (Oef too loud) to world top classical music in the concert hall of the Netherlands…
But I absolutely have to take a break and go to a big performance … in a protective cage or something :grin:

1 Like

Whoa! That was a legendary show, I think Lennon’s last appearance on the concert stage. Unfortunately, John did not make it to St. Louis where I saw Elton that year :cry:

My first concert was Bros at Wembley in 1988. :flushed:
My last concert was Ed Sheeran at the Principality in 2018
My next is RCHP at Old Trafford in June.

1 Like

My first concert was Status Quo at the GMEX
My last concert was Cats on Trees in Toulouse
My next concerts in 2022 are: The Scorpions, Rolling Stones, Rammstein, Iggy Pop, The Cure and Sting.

Plenty of pub gigs and some festival type events but:

First real concert: Dire Straits, Melbourne 1983
Last real concert: U2, Melbourne 2019

Next, don’t know yet.

1 Like

That sounds like a great concert!!

1 Like

Shame it’s not London we would have possibly been in the same crowd!

1 Like

Indeed Adi. We could have grabbed a beer.

1 Like

First: Billy Joel, 1983 (Girlfriend’s choice)
Last: Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band, 2 weeks ago
Next: Still searching…

First (not counting when my parents took me to see Roger Whittaker when I was a kid in Calgary): Grateful Dead, July ‘81 at the old Summit in Houston;

Last: Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats (with Devon Gilfillian), this past Saturday at the relatively new Moody Amphitheater in Austin;

Next: well, I was supposed to see The Who tomorrow night but had to go out of town for business, so the next will be Dave Matthews Band, next Wednesday night at the very new Moody Center, also in Austin.

It seems like everyone and their dog is on tour right now, I have tickets for 10+ shows in the next three months. The pandemic hit Austin’s live music scene hard, but construction was already underway on a couple of great new venues and we are now benefiting from that. But I worry for the remaining small clubs and venues.

I have to say, I would gladly cut Shinedown to allow Alter Bridge more than 17 songs :stuck_out_tongue:! I actually have a story from that tour. Mark Tremonti was hadning out one guitar per show to the member of the audience and at the last gig of the tour, he asked Myles to decide who’s getting it. And Myles stops in front of me (I was in the second row) and gives it to the guy in front of me. So close!!

First concert: there was quite a few I went with my dad when I was little. But most likely some local group or maybe even a children show or something. Quickly started going to rock and metal concerts though, one of the first ones being Megadeth.

Last was actually a gig I played at a week ago but as a listener - Cory Wong on his European leg of the tour few weeks ago.

Next - I think I am almost at a 4 digit number spent on concerts this year. First one being Tool in a week or two, followed by everything from Metallica to Stevie Wonder tribute band.

Haha it was a great concert but not overly long comparing to some other bands I heard before :smile: hearing your story about the guitar is gutting, you should have just grabbed it from Myles’s hand and run :joy:

1st: Scorpions, Pat Travers, and Sammy Hagar
Last: Foo Fighters
Next: Train, Jewel, and Blues Traveler

1 Like