What is your first, last and next concert?

First David Bowie Paris 1978
Last Jean Guidoni Paris April 2022
Next Jean Guidoni May 2022

1 Like

I really canā€™t remember my first concert. Probably, it was Andrius Mamontovas (local Lithuanian punk-rock singer) concert in Palanga (sea-side town in Lithuania) in some bigger restaurant in, maybe, two-thousands. Though, the first international band concert I was, it was Nightwish in 2008, if I remember correctly, during their ā€œDark Passion Playā€ album world-tour. Or even maybe Scorpions, I vaguely remember being in their concert, but that was maybe in 2004. Last concertā€¦ damn, if Iā€™m not mistaken, either, again, local Lithuanian pop-rock artist (Marijonas Mikutavičius) couple of years back during Christmas or Elton John concert in Lithuania, again, couple of years back. Really canā€™t remember. Next concert will be in December, in Vilnius, where Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish) should sing Christmas songs, if the concert will not be postponed.

1 Like

Lollapalooza, Over 20 different rock & metal bands
Marlyn Manson was my last.
My next is Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, and Joanne Jett on August 8 2022 in Toronto. Ontario, Canada. On my birthday evenā€‹:guitar::metal:

2 Likes

Stop Press!
I just got tickets to see Calexico in Berlin the day after tomorrow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

First Big Country Seer Tour NEC 80s

Last George Ezra Lytham Festival 2018

Next maybe Lytham festival again Lewis Capaldi is on

Viel SpaƟ

1 Like

First: Motorhead Ace Of Spades tour 1980 Manchester Apollo
Last: American Pink Floyd - Concerts by Car Parking Lot Frawley Stadium Wilmington July 2021
Next: Not got anything planned but itching to find something

Had to get refunds for Australian Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Marron 5, and a whole load more over the pandemic.

First, would have been at university orientation so 1996, Supergroove or maybe another local band?

Last was the Wellington Sea Shanty Society, in a tiny little hall on holiday.

Next, I donā€™t know. That depends on my health - Iā€™m immune suppressed for the next few months so staying away from crowds - and on whether festival organizers can manage to pull together WOMAD in 2023 in New Plymouth.

Finally got to see an artist Iā€™ve been following for over 20 years
Jim White played a stonking set last night at the Deaf Institute in Manchester (accompanied by Belgian guitarist and bass players). I just donā€™t understand why heā€™s not more popular. Itā€™s a small venue and was only half full (less than 100 punters).
He put his John Hancock on my guitar, and I bought his hat at the after-show auction. He runs a ā€˜shirt off my backā€™ campaign, selling the clothes he wears to raise money for Doctors without Borders.
Iā€™ll be disappointed if Elizabeth Cook doesnā€™t make sheriff :laughing:
For those of you who donā€™t know him hereā€™s one he played last night
A Perfect Day To Chase Tornados - YouTube

3 Likes

Thatā€™s easy, otherwise there is a huge chance that they will lose you as the biggest ā€œfanā€, and they watch out for that, :innocent:ā€¦ I have to admit that I find the music very recognizable (I canā€™t think of it right now), and like very much, :sunglasses:
Greetings from an increasingly warmer Hollandā€¦not going outside, a lot of reading and playing a little this afternoon and Friday and Saturday sitting in a box with :ice_cube: :ice_cube: :ice_cube:

Stonking?

Oops, I think this immigrant has been here a bit long and is going native :roll_eyes:

stonking
adjective

INFORMALā€¢BRITISH

1. used to emphasize something impressive, exciting, or very large.

ā€œa stonking 207 mph maximum speedā€

First: Status Quo Glasgow Apollo 1976
Last: Barenaked Ladies Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Mar 2022 and then Whitesnake, Foreigner and Europe Ovo Hydro May 2022
Next: Dr Hook Kelvingrove Bandstand 24th June and in December Billy Strings at the Galvanisers Yard.
I love live gigs you just canā€™t beat them :grinning:

First; Oh my, I really cannot remember. Probably some festival with many bands, early 90s. Could be Gary Moore, Walter Trout or Scorpionsā€¦

Last; Metallica, Copenhagen ā€œParkenā€, 2019ā€¦ just before Corona shut everything down

Next; Queen with Adam Lambert, this July

(all this assuming weā€™re not counting/talking about concerts we play ourselves :slight_smile: )

First concert was a festival back in 2002, the first band on the line up was the Beautiful Southā€¦they were great.

Last concert was Crowded House last Friday. They have some cracking tunes. Neil Finn is a brilliant singer/song writer.

Off to see Kings of Leon next a week on Wednesday.

My last concert was Queen Nation (a band that plays only Queen songs). Before that was Kiss end of the road tour. I have also seen Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Oasis, REM, Cranberries in the 1990s. My next concert is Third Eye Blind this August. I tried to get Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins tribute tickets this morning and everything was sold out in 60 seconds. Only 1 show in Los Angeles and one in London-lots of celebs will be there. Tried to get Poison-Motley Crue-Def Leppard for August- tickets were too pricey for a struggling guitaristā€™s budget. Things have sure changed from waiting in line at a local ticket office to having lightening speed hands to click a mouse. Disadvantage to old guys with arthritis hands lol. Great topic!

1 Like

wow- would dig that Queen-Adam Lambert. He does a good job filling in as 21st Century Freddy-but no one could replace Freddy.

1 Like

Dr. Hook? Wow are they still around. Remembering Cover of the rollling stone

funny you said that. We donā€™t use that in the USA. Justin did a video mentioned he was not ā€œtaking the mickeyā€. I had no idea what that meant until I looked it up. I guess I was the one taking the mickey not understanding British slang lol

1 Like

awesome. I tried to go to that same show here in San Diego. I bet it will be great. I met Joe Elliot in 1999. He still has got it 20 plus years later