What is your first, last and next concert?

First and foremost, be careful with these types of things on Facebook. Hackers use this type of information to try to hack peoples identities and accounts. Now that the public service announcement is out of the way and I seeing as I donā€™t use any of this type of information on my profiles, Iā€™ll play.

First - Styx, June23, 1983 - Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, OH

Last - The Who, May 15, 2022 (Yes, thatā€™s 5:15 for those familiar with the song), FC Stadium, Cincinnati, OH. I have to say, this is by far the absolute best concert I have ever been to. If any of you know the tragic history of the last time The Who performed in Cincinnati prior to this, it was December 3, 1979 at Riverfront Coliseum. Eleven people ranging in age from 15 - 27 perished that night in a crush to get inside the arena for festival seating. The concert last month was a beautifully done tribute to those eleven people with 100% of the net earnings going to local charities that had been set up in their honor. I donā€™t think there was a dry eye in the stadium. The Who concert disaster - Wikipedia

Here is one of the many tributes they did for them. Prior to Love Reign Oā€™er Me, they had a piano solo while they displayed the pictures of each of them on the big screens. Their names were scrolling around the information boards throughout the stadium most of the night.

Next - The Wood Brothers, tomorrow night June 17, 2022, The Andrew J. Brady Music Center, Cincinnati, OH

@brianlarsen

So many replies spring immediately to mind, Brian, all too tasteless to be shared here ā€¦ you are such a bad bad man to dangle such bait.

Enjoying the song you shared.

Yip Dr Hook are still going we saw them at the bandstand in 2017 and what really struck me was the age of the crowd. I was expecting people around my age but the majority of the audience was made up of girls in their late teens and early twenties and boy did they know how to party - they were dancing and singing from the first note played and they knew all the words it was a great night. Dennis Locorriere is a born entertainer he tells great stories too. Thought my eardrums were going to burst when he sang Freakin at the Freakers Ball the crowd sang so loudly :crazy_face: The weather last time was great, not too hopeful this time so wellies and rain poncho are at the ready :cold_face:

My first concert was The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl 1964. I was 9.

Last concert was ZZ Top. 6/5/22.

Next concert, probably a local band, Mercy featuring Linda Day in July.

I hardly ever go to concerts (I just donā€™t like crowds) but Iā€™m seriously thinking about catching the Stones in Vienna in a few weeks time.

First - Depeche Mode at Wembley Arena what feels like a looooong time ago, sometime in the 80ā€™s!
Last - Muse at Hammersmith Apollo about a month ago as they were warming up for festival season
Next - Black Crowes at Brixton in October which is completing a nice circle as I also saw them there on the Shake Your Money Maker tour in 1990, all of us have aged since then! :rofl:

1 Like

@adi_mrok Have you been yet Adi? We went last Wednesday.

Yes saw them on Saturday and was lots of fun! Although I feel 15 years ago they played plenty more improvs/instrumentals than they did this time around. But overall good to see John back at it :slight_smile: did you enjoy it as well?

Thanks God my didnt have Asap Rocky as support the other guy was not my kind of tea but still more musical I think

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed. Yes, they were good, though not very big on audience engagement. Flea did do a little chatting but he was the only one. I enjoyed their music and Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve seen them.

We checked out out ASAP Rocky and knew he wasnā€™t our bag, though he came back on after the Chillies had finished. I would have liked to have seen Thundercats as they sounded really good but by the time my wife had got in from work and we had got there, weā€™d miss them.

I missed Thundercat too, traffic was too big as expected and queues for beverages even longer :sweat_smile: yes I had a similar thoughts re engagement, if I compare it to any other band I saw live so far it was really poor. I think it was the same 15 years ago so itā€™s perhaps not their bag of beans to interact too much. Thankfully I was happier about the set and it was good to see them again :wink:

First real concert wouldā€™ve been Judas Priest and Iron Maiden in St. Louis (early 80s ā€“ maybe 82 or 83 ā€“ not sure).

Last concert (if you count performances at clubs/bars) was a couple weeks ago at a local brewery. There was a local band playing, and Iā€™m not even sure what their name was. The brewery is a pretty regular weekend hangout for me, and they often have live music.

Next: probably another local band at the brewery. But Iā€™d really like to see All Them Witches live, at some point.

First: The Caverners, a Beatles tribute band, something like 1995 or 6.

Last: Spiceworld, a Spice Girls tribute group, just before the pandemic.

Next: Bryan Adams

I canā€™t remember my first concert but some early ones I do remember are: James Taylor, ZZ Top, Alanis Morrissette, Matchbox 20, all in the 90s

Last: Garth Brooks, maybe 5 yrs ago?
Oh and a Beatles cover band- I think Beatlemania? a few years ago
No! It was Paula Abdul in Vegas in 2019.

Next, in 6 days: Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, Joan Jett and will be my 5th time seeing DL

1 Like

I did get the Def Leppard tickets this time around. I missed the last 2 times they toured though. Youā€™ve seen some great bands! Good shows, I bet.

Awesome about your upcoming birthday concert! Iā€™m seeing the same one next week in Kansas City!

Last one: The Rolling Stones in Vienna last night. It was my 1st time at a Stones gig and they didnā€™t disappoint. Although Mick Jagger doesnā€™t jump around as much as he used to do, he still seems to be totally involved in the performance. Keith had a 2-song vocal+guitar ā€œfeatureā€, Darryl Jones had a bass solo spot in Miss You and a Ukrainian childrenā€™s choir guested in You Canā€™t Always Get What You Want.

Setlist

First: 1995-11-24 Iron Maiden - Granada (Spain)
Last: 2022-06-26 Metallica at Hellfest 2022 - Clisson (France)
Next: Who knows? Maybe Hellfest 2023ā€¦

50 mins toā€¦.guess who? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it that guy from American Idol? :wink: Enjoy the show Kasper.

1 Like

Promise I wonā€™t spam this topic with too many posts/pictures - but since this is a guitar forum I simply have to share this oneā€¦.

They were awesome!

8 Likes