What song are you currently learning?

Currently working on Sweet child of mine, hunting high and low and Happy Xmas(war is over).

Iā€™m also learning how to blues improv using the minor pentatonic.

1 Like

Working on ā€˜Dignityā€™ by Deacon Blue. Although it may end up being too big a song for one guitar, though however it turns out, love it.

Currently trying to push my limit a bit by learning crash into me by The Dave Mathewā€™s band. If nothing else that c7 (nearly sure) shape he uses will stretch my fingers!

iā€™m working on a few songs:

Circus Maximus - Last Goodbye I can play the intro solo at 95% of the speed, but i still make some mistakes. The rest of the song is to complicated to put in all the time.

sabaton - Hearts Of Iron pretty ā€˜simpleā€™ song, chorus part is the most difficult part

Nightwish - Swanheart solo it has nice melody and is pretty ā€˜easyā€™ to learn when i want to do some less technical stuff

Nightwish - Sheā€™s my sin Those intro powerchords are fluid, still hard work on the rest. If i can play the first 20 measures or so up to speed, i can play the rest of the song(except solo) to :slight_smile: .

For the rest iā€™m still consolidating grade 1, especially the chord switches between A,G,E,C,D Ab,Db, Eb.

Currently I am working on a Branle Englese a renaissance dance tune suitable for early classical players.

Also, another classical arpeggio piece called Autumn Stream, and several simple practice pieces.

On the steel string, I am working on Ziggy Stardust, Norwegian Wood (seems like forever with this one), Wonderful Tonight (fingerstyle) and soon I will start We Wish You A Merry Christmas.

The list of want to plays is too long!

I can see clearly now, Whatā€™s up, we are gonna be friends

1 Like

Currently I am working on 2 more original songs I wrote. I have the lyrics and melodies down for both and am now trying to figure out a key that works for each song. It might take a while :roll_eyes: but itā€™s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Little Talks by Of Monsters And Men | JustinGuitar.com

Iā€™m really struggling to keep in time with the metronome at that speed.
I can manage straight quarter strumming, but whenever I try the recommended strumming I very quickly get ahead of the beat :confused:

Great tune Moray.

Have found that learning project songs has helped with with motivation to play more. Currently learning:
-she talks to angels (black crowes)
-jingle bell rock (carried over from trying to learn for holidays)
-hard luck woman (kiss)
-stay (black pink)

So enjoyable didnā€™t realize just how good it would feel to be able to play these. Did not mean to have 4 songs working on it happened by accident. Its maybe too many to work on at once and find that my lessons arenā€™t progressing as fast.

1 Like

Iā€™m working on some songs at the moment just to keep the variety and keep me from being bored.

Black Magic - Slayer
Almost there with that. Itā€™s a bit faster so I have to work a bit more to keep it clean. And thatā€™s only the rhythm guitars, Iā€™m not even going to think attempting the solos. Besides I donā€™t have a floyd rose and donā€™t care much about it either!

I died for you - Iced Earth
Itā€™s not particularly difficult but on one hand Iā€™m not particularly sure the tab has the write notes for the clean part and on the other hand the dirty partā€™s fingering I donā€™t get 100% right 100% of the time. I certainly love playing the aolo though!

Melancholy - Iced Earth
Another easy one on the rhythm part.
Solo is way out of my league though. I have managed it almost at the right speed up to where the sweep pickong begins but thatā€™s where Iā€™m totally stuck and in the dark as to how to go about it.

Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Thatā€™s to get going with my fingerstyle playing.
I have to work more on this as at tempo, some chord changes arenā€™t particularly clean.

Iā€™m also thinking about starting learning the solos for Enter Sandman and Seek and Destroy but I already have a lot going I thinkā€¦