When September Ends

Lots to work on I know. Am learning the fingerstyle for intro & solos but not there yet…
Got my first lesson tomorrow so very hopeful of big improvement soon :blush:

9 Likes

I was 14 when this song was released and I remember listening to it a million times on my iPod.

Your cover brought me right back there so that’s a thumbs up from me, good luck on the lessons!

1 Like

Ooh, I didn’t know this song. It’s beautiful. You sing it beautifully too. And your gentle strumming works really well. Really good.

1 Like

Very nice acoustic version Julie, like the way you’ve approached it. Clean chords, solid changes and timing. Great vocals.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Julie,
That’s a beautiful song :sunglasses:…I wish you a lot of fun and a lot of learning moments tomorrow and the days to come,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Nice version there Julie, I’m a huge fan of the song and you’ve done that alot of justice and again put your own lovely spin on the vocal line. You could possibly slow the tempo down a little but that’s just me being nit-picky!! :wink:

Have an amazing first lesson!

1 Like

Most enjoyable, Julie, both your singing and the accompaniment.

Wish you well for your lesson, most importantly, just enjoy it.

As for improvement, my approach is not to worry about how big and how fast I improve. Just keep enjoying, learning, practicing, and playing and all is well in the world.

2 Likes

Lovely vocal there Julie. Great guitar work too with all those barre chords! Well done.
Enjoy your lesson and let us know how you get on.

2 Likes

That was a lovely performance Julie. You change chords so quickly and flawlessly I was amazed. Thank you for sharing. You are very talented! Keep up the good work

Jeff

2 Likes

Beautifully played and sung. As others have mentioned, your chord changes are incredibly smooth.

1 Like

Hi Julie that was great, you have nothing to worry about you’ll do great! As for feedback I would try to play along the original, I had a weird feeling that guitar was sometimes too fast comparing to vocals. Playing along the original should help in polishing out your performance :slight_smile: all the best!

1 Like

Enjoy the lesson, and well done. Great take on the Green Day classic.

1 Like

Lovely work Julie, you’ve captured the mood so well. Enjoy your lessons.

1 Like

That was pretty sweet Julie. You did a lovely cover of such a great song. Really well sung and played.

1 Like

great cover!

1 Like

Well played cover of a classic Green Day hit. Nice one!

1 Like

Wow Julie that was beautiful. As others have said your gentle approach really brings a poignant quality to an already amazing song - love the smooth pretty chords and your voice is a perfect match - I caught hints of Nico here and there. Maybe a Velvet Underground cover in the future😎?

1 Like

Very nice Julie, enjoy your lessons!

1 Like

That was really good, nice job!

1 Like

Thanks all. The lessons didnt work out; not the right teacher for me. Will stick with Justin i think :blush:

1 Like