@jonathanlaughlin
@Tom_B
@John_in_Dot
@markr31
:smiley: :+1:

Thanks for the pin @DavidP (ā€¦ I think :thinking:) :laughing:

1 Like

Well done that pin Davidā€¦
So, what a great idea, who nominated Brian for this job ?.. we wonā€™t see him on the forum in the coming months, still 70000+ pins to postā€¦ nice and quietā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

Letā€™s get some Mediterranean representation here: Pisa, Italy

2 Likes

Great idea Brian. You could have pinned me as well but then again my skin is that thick it probably wouldnā€™t have gone in.

Nearest town for me is Stockport, or if you need a city itā€™s Manchester, England, as our American friends might say. :smiley:

2 Likes

Can we send @DarrellW to Alabama :rofl:

1 Like

Nice idea. Here we go thenā€¦ Hoevelaken, The Netherlands. I already saw one person that lives in the same county. :blush:

2 Likes

Whack me in Brian,

Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Even in the same municipalityā€¦ hi neighbor
Gegroet ,Rogier :smile:

1 Like

This is a great initiative, and thanks for doing this Brian.

I do wonder if thereā€™s a better (more automated) way of doing this though. For example, I was looking at: GitHub - Senth/discourse-map: A web scraper for Discourse that outputs the active users' location into a Google Spreadsheet which can be used by Zeemaps to display everyones location

I wonder if this could be developed as an official capability within the community software?

I would see this as there being some sort of link to a community map which gets automatically updated with pins based on the Location field in memberā€™s profile.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

@jjw Ma certo signoreā€¦ Walsh? :thinking: :laughing:
@SgtColon Manchester, England, England has never been the same since I left. Iā€™ll put you in the River Mersey :wink:
@Catweazel1 Nononooooā€¦ Stay away from ā€˜Rock ā€˜nā€™ Rolstoelā€™ @roger_holland! Do NOT go into the light!
@sclay Iā€™ll just put you down as ā€˜Bruceā€™ :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Brilliant!

I bet thatā€™s how it was when you were last in Manchester, England Brian. :smiley:

You betchaā€¦ there are probably hundreds of better ways than doing this :thinking:
Unfortunately, my tech abilities/interest do not support any other methods, so until the cavalry arrives, Iā€™ll plod away as @stitch suggested. Sure at 100 pins a day, I should be finished in 10 years :rofl:

You also donā€™t have the access to the system to do this, which is why I was suggesting it would be best as an official capability.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

ā€¦ and itā€™s the ā€˜world-beatingā€™ Great Britain leading out of the traps in front of their old nemesis, the EU, followed by former transatlantic colonies snapping at their heels. The Antipodeans are playing the long game and a couple of stragglers are bringing up the rear, but as of yet, no sign of the Irish.
Jakers, where are the Irish on this site anyway? :laughing:

The whole world shrinks when connected to the WWW. Het zou fijn zijn als het tarras tijd heeft om op te drogen. :wink:

1 Like