Wild Thing - Cover by LBro

Hi LBro,
Good to listen to :sunglasses:,
nice that you are doing this with others/involving themā€¦
Greetings

Hi LB!
A super, fun cover of a wonderful song. You did a great job of conveying your positive mood.
And your vocals have reached a new height, top class!
The instruments and the whole mix sound great.
And as for copyrights - may God take care of that! :grin:
Leo

Hi Jason,
Oh wow on the movie back in your day! I never knew about it and just rant into it a couple weeks back. The moment I saw it, I knew it would work as the video in the song. CR issues were tested right away and found to not be an issue! Glad you liked this one and it struck your fancy!

Keep rockā€™n,
LB

Hi Mike,
Great to have you stop by and take this in. Glad you liked it and related to it. Thanks on the vox. It has been a while since I sang or practiced. I had to shake off some rust, for sure! You take good care!

Keep on a rockā€™n,
LB

Thanks! Glad you liked itā€¦

Time to rock wildly!
LB

Hi,
Thanks for the spin! Hope it met expectations!

Keep rockā€™n,
LB

Hi Richard,
Yeah - It has been a while since I posted anything. I have had another original in the done state, singing both sides of a duet. NaNa is to sing the other side of it, but Covid has prevented her participation. I hope to roll that one out here one of these days.

Meantime, Wild Thing is it! Good to have something up in the ā€œnew placeā€!

Rock it down,
LB

Hi Roger,
Yeah I like to collaborate with others. Though this one is pretty much on my shoulders. I did get some valued help though and that made the song better I think.

Take care and rock on!
LB

1 Like

Hi Leo!
Thanks on the production and vox Leo! The guitars were pretty simple, but took me a while to get down. As for the CR, it worked out in the end!

Keep on a rockā€™n,
LB

That was cool - enjoyed listening thanks! :grinning: Iā€™m inspired by the level of production you put in and I like learning from that thanks!

Hi Al,
Thanks for stopping in and giving this a spin! I am glad you liked it and I can tell you producing this one took a lot of time. I am still learning, but am slowly getting thereā€¦ If you are into it, I can share a bit on this one.

I started with an original ref track and do what I call Time Slice it, or TS. That puts the original drums beats on the grid of the DAW. Then I normally add drums, guitars, bass and vocals to it. At some point the TS Ref track is removed. Lots of takes and many tracks later; I come up with something like what you saw and heard here.

All the best and keep rockā€™n, I hope to hear your full production one day! If you need a bit of help or a pointer, let me know!
LB

1 Like