Yamaha TransAcoustic guitar reasons not to buy?

I am searching in google and youtube to get some ideas, and reasons why one should not buy a Yamaha Transacustic guitar if he can afford it. I found some but not many .

Is there anybody here who has these guitars?

If you were a competitive company seller how would you convince some body not to go for that?

That seems a weird way to spend your time and make a purchase decision - looking for reasons not to buy a certain guitar.

If the blurb on this Yamaha web page doesn’t convince you to buy …

Whether you’re practicing, writing, recording or just playing for fun, the TransAcoustic Guitar will make you play better, longer and with more creativity.

Who wouldn’t want to play better, longer and with more creativity?

:wink:

That just seems a bit odd tbh

Let me put it this way I wam trying to gather negative reviews on that guitar
for example one is being too heavy what about others?

As an alternative look at this, they’re a very good option to the Yamaha if you’re not sure about it.

Hi there,

I think the weight of acoustic guitars depends on the body style and size mostly as they are completely hollow on the inside. I wouldn’t think the electronic parts of acoustic-electrics weigh more than a few grams anyway.

I found the TransAcoustic very interesting and initially appealing to me. I had to search high and low to find a guitar shop that had one in stock and I spent probably 10 to 15 minutes playing it.

It certainly does what it advertises. Yet I found I was happy to put it back on the shelf and walk away. Why?

I realized that I rarely use such effects in my current playing even though I have them available to me. So while it sounded appealing, I realized it didn’t add any value for MY playing.

If you regularly plug in and regularly use fx either in your amp, or in a board (I have the Fishman Tonedeq), then it may be more useful for you. (I also rarely use my Tonedeq).

2 Likes

Well if you play finger style with friends around you you do not even need to plugin and you have reverb. I suppose reverb is mostly used. All amps have reverbs

OK I received my Yamaha LL-TA today :slight_smile: Does anybody know what type of strings it has on it? Do you recommend I change the string? any recommendation? thanks a lot

If you look on the Yamaha website it gives the full spec for each guitar. Of course I am in the uk and looking at that site you are not so there may be differences and there may something in the small print that may all them to supply something different.
As regards changing the strings I really don’t know enough about it and will leave it for others.
Enjoy your guitar :notes::guitar:

1 Like

@iguitaryou
Tom, enjoy the new guitar. It is customary to post pictures, we also like to hear you play the new instrument as well :grin:

I think you will get recommendations for both options.

Those in favour of changing may say that you don’t know how long the strings have been on the guitar and that one should do a general setup right away, which may also necessitate a string change. You may also have a preferred brand. Again, on that one, some would say keep using the strings the manufacturer uses vs your own preference.

Others may say, play the guitar. If it sounds and feels good then rather enjoy it as is, get to know it, and then at the appropriate time change strings and have a setup done.

In my case, I followed the second path with my acoustic. I was happy with it off-the-shelf and only a chance encounter led me to have a setup done which made it even better. And at my play-grade, beginner with hints of intermediate, I am not good enough to appreciate more subtle nuances of sound and playability.

1 Like

Thanks , Yes I will upload videos to youtube and put links here.
I do not know much about accustics you said:

“hat one should do a general setup right away, which may also necessitate a string change.”
What do you mean by general set up ? Is there any other set up needed except string change?

Your question about what else could be done opens up a whole range of things that could be done but would say not for the inexperienced. Will let others respond.

The action is OK and it plays well . The strings do not buzz so is there any more to look at? :slight_smile:

Post a picture, as David suggested as I am thinking about a Yamaha for my next guitar🎸

Right click and open the image in new window to see in full

That looks great, very envious :+1:

Thanks. Do you know about guitar actions? please see these pics are these actions ok?
Right click on pic to open in new windows and see full size

This is low E action

and this is hight E action

A general setup would include looking at neck relief (the curvature of the neck which is generally slightly concave), action, and intonation. On an electric guitar you can generally take care of these at home, following YT videos to learn, with basic tools and not get yourself into too much trouble. On an acoustic it may require work that needs more knowledge and skill to perform safely, such as working on the bridge to lower it.

Sounds like all is good. And if it sounds good to your ear then play on and wait until the strings need changing.

Some recommend changing as a matter of course after a given number of hours play (that’s subjective), others by string condition (if they start showing signs of corrosion, leaving your fingers black after playing), or just use your ears (when they no longer sound good to your ears, though gradual loss of quality can be be hard to notice).

Thanks I sent image of my action in this thread is the action ok?