Yesterday-fingerstyle-Beatles

Rogier, that was beautiful. Thank you :bouquet:

My first impression was that the tone is a bit medivial, someone said lyrical, I agree :slightly_smiling_face: I love, how your guitar sounds a bit like a spinet in this take but in a good way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
Thank you so much,
The hardest part here is getting that rhythm to run smoothly,it changes quite often(Or is that just called dynamic) I’m almost completely satisfied :blush:
We go to London Together to talk to him :joy:
Thanks for the Bis and the :laughing:
Those dxmn pinkies, when I bend my fingers gently my ring finger goes under the driving finger and my pinkie under the ring finger, but it’s been less than 3 and a half years ago :sweat_smile:
I try to keep it close, it’s this or that pinkie flies away

no I don’t, I have to look back but that would be the first time (mss with the mistakes I make?)

Greetings,and the flowers follow when it’s a little less hot with you :laughing:

Hi David @DavidP
Thank you very much,
and we should get that Christmas song out in about 5 months :smiley:, memory problem here
and relatively 'simple 'sounds just like a bear trap then ‘easy’ to my ears :joy:, just give Justin a virtual glass of wine less at the next meeting :upside_down_face:
Greetings,

And hoping that not everyone stays so sweet because constructive (or just some blunt) criticism is also part of it with me :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Andrea,
Thank you very much and my appreciation is great :blush:

and it’s hard not to float, I hope someone will stick a needle in the balloon a bit…and I was also super surprised that suddenly after our conversation it suddenly came out to my satisfaction,I also hope it gives people some hope that it won’t always go well in a few (less than 10) takes for people who have been playing for a while and every day :sweat_smile:

Listened also 3 times, well then you have taken the max time like very long song :smile:
And yes I am also smiling from ear to ear here also with relief that I no longer have to play Yesterdag today anymore :smile:

I really need to work on those long answers, well it’s the beginning now that just belongs to me and some other people :upside_down_face:

Greetings…

Hi Nicole, @JokuMuu
Thank you very much ,and that is nice approximation…medivial. :smiley:…I am curious when the first will say that they really miss the warm sounds of an acoustic guitar, as I do a bit myself, but just approaching it from a different style is also a good idea,
Greetings and glad you love the sound :blush: :sunglasses:

1 Like

… with a little help of your friends…

"What would you think if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I′ll sing you a song
And I’ll try not to sing out of key

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends" (The Beatles)

:joy:

1 Like

:star_struck: …and :dizzy_face:
never read this music lyrics like this :see_no_evil: … heard it hundreds of times and "sing"along in the pub
Good one :blush:
Greetings

1 Like

That was terrific Rogier. Well done, you’ve clearly spent a great deal of time working on this one and it shows. Really well played. Yes it’s amazing how many different ways a song can be played. Your fingerstyle electric was lovely and you deserved the smile at the end my friend. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Gordon,
Very appreciated, I really killed one take on Wednesday with my attempts :laughing:, I’m going to try that with backing tracks and freestyle, that’s a bit easier for me :sweat_smile:
Greetings

Beautiful rendition Rogier! I had it on the background while working and I was singing right along with you. I’m sure a lot of work went into that and it sounded really lovely.

1 Like

Hi Jennifer,
Speaking you again :smile:
Thank you very much that is a nice compliment :blush: :sunglasses:
Greetings,

1 Like

Wonderful performance - it sounds just right on your mellow electric. Thanks for sharing. I tried learning Yesterday a while back but found it difficult to sing along for some reason - you’ve inspired me to give it another go.

1 Like

Hi Rogier,

that was a very sweet treat for my ears and just put me in the right, relaxed and slightly melancholic mood that fits the end of a long, cloudy and rainy day. A perfect fit, one could say. :smiley: So thanks for pleasing me and sharing this one. :sunglasses:

That was very well played, a beautiful rendition of this song - but it gives me shivers: If this is “relatively easy”, what will the hard stuff then be? :cold_face: :melting_face: But you did so well on this, all the effort and practice really pays off, Rogier!

Now I want to see you play it on an acoustic! Please! *beging face inserted here :rofl:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

That was one sweet sounding rendition Rogier ! Sounded damn fine on the electric and if there were extra notes, well you made them fit, as nothing stood out as being out of place.
All good to my ears my friend.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That was good Rogier. I know how tricky this one is (as you know). Nice job with the pinky down C for the melody during the chorus, that one is tricky. I’m glad you posted, you don’t share a lot of AVOYPs! (you should do more, hint hint)

Tone is all subjective, right? I listened on my phone initially and it sounded a bit twangy, then listened again on my PC with some decent studio monitors and it sounded warmer. If you wanted to play around with tone, sometimes I find just a bit of overdrive and the neck pickup adds warmth to fingerstyle on electric.

lol, I know what that is like. Put it down for a bit, then come back to it every now and again, it’s such a lovely song to play.

1 Like

Really really enjoyed that Rogier, very nice playing, and I quite liked the sound on electric as well! Nice to hear you playing something and see a bit of a smile from you at the end :slightly_smiling_face:

This is exactly right, made me laugh lol

1 Like

:clap::raised_hands:t2::pray:
That was amazing Rogier!! Masterclass!
I can only just imagine how difficult this is and the hours spent to come up with this result.
With that set of skills you do way to few avoyp’s Rogier!

1 Like

Rogier what a well done job, you did really good and I always enjoy melodic fingerstyle songs on electric! Well kept time and nicely played overall, great to see you posting videos again in AVOYP! All the best :grinning:

1 Like

O my … That’s so sweet of you all, and I also thank the people who just gave a vibes (like) without comment, that is seen and also very much appreciated, thank you for that :man_bowing: :sunglasses:

Hi Michael @mikeGmell ,
Thank you ,and I’m glad you can appreciate the sound, I won’t complain about it anymore, I’ve also just read also a lot below that it’s good, I’m glad I’m encouraging you to try again, and if the singing remains difficult, just do this fingerstyle :blush: .I did do this one in 3 phases since Justin released it.
Greetings

Hi Lisa @Lisa_S
Thank you very much for the nice words, and I recently found out who said it :sunglasses:, I wouldn’t worry about anything with your way of playing, and if you also have a lot of trouble with it, we’ll go to London and demand wine, beer or soft drinks as mental compensation… :upside_down_face:
And saying giving the shivers gives me a bigger blush :blush:

then I have to buy one because this one I have here has a body too big for me…I’m working on it but things like that if I really want to try it out are a bit difficult, the shops in the area sell no acoustasonics and i really want to try these out in a store,
Greetings,

Hi Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thank you :sunglasses:
The xtra bass notes yes, those few higher ones will go out in a few months, I have to have something to look forward to… but I’m happy :smile:
Greetings,

Hi JK @jkahn
Thank you thank you :sunglasses:
All of a sudden after telling you about that little finger grip it was okay all the time and the mental spasm showed up in a different place :upside_down_face:…I remember saying I was going to slow down a lot against you but also I read from Lieven that playing along was so important, so I set up Justin since then (I hadn’t played along with that yet) and that’s how I got those extra notes and I have to learn new things again…and the tempo++
you are absolutely right about the tone, and what you say about turning in overdrive lightly… interesting.

Ha ha I read the “hints” :laughing: everywhere in between and the chances have become much bigger thanks to my recording assistant (remote control and telefoon pole), and you all can “hunt/hint” me as much as you want :smiley:, I can take that well and really don’t feel any literal pressure but a healthy drive :blush:

Thank you and I’m so glad today Yesterday is a day away so I’m beeing and going to jam with a backing track since yesterday after Yesterday and today again but today still here with this Yesterday topic. :smile:
Greetings.

3 Likes

Today I will be playing Yesterday.

:slight_smile:
Marvelous Rogier.
You have a touch.

1 Like

Hi Mari @Mari63
Thank you very much :blush:

I should do a bit more with that smile that, like so many without realizing it it just disappears during my playing (with solos, the facial pulls also appear, says my wife :grimacing:), and the strange thing is that I often play this song without looking at watching my hands most of the time (at least halftime), and yes Justin’s relative is recognizable to many …lucky I’m not alone :sweat_smile:
Greetings,

Hi Trond @tRONd
Thank you thank you ,
slight exaggeration is appreciated:blush:
Ha ha it seems like you’re joining the push for more videos…I love that :smile:

Ps: I found the “wrong” half (less than half) of the good video I just accidentally deleted…it’s a nice one for my LL though as it’s playing with great distractions from start to finish (about 2 minutes or so)
Greetings,

Hi Adrian @adi_mrok
Thank you very much :blush:
and I am glad that the timing comes across well because by alternating between playing softer and louder I was afraid of a slightly too large deviation,
Greetings :smiley:

Hi Richard @Richard_close2u
:smile: maybe 1 one really once just to kick the habit :grin:

Thank you say that, it means a lot to me :blush:
Greetings

1 Like

Hi Rogier,
Thank you for sharing this, most enjoyable. :smiley:

1 Like