You favourite song of 2022

The year is about to end. I played a little game with my family, what was your favorite song of the year. Each of pick three songs, the results were quite surprising, somehow we expected to hear different songs :slight_smile:.

What was you favorite songs of 2022? Curious to learn what you were listening that you could call song of the year :star:.

Here is my type, wonderful duet, Chungha and Christopher, “When I Get Old”.

4 Likes

It’s a bit of a non-award coming from me because I’ve listened to almost nothing new this year. It pretty much has to be something from Impera by Ghost so I’ll go with this one, although it could have equally been 3 or 4 other tracks off the album… Must try harder to listen to different stuff in ‘23!!!

3 Likes

Erm. Kind of self promoting here :sunglasses:

The song itself is pretty interesting, the lyrics draws inspiration from the Meiji Restoration in Japan. Last song of the year, and I do not believe myself being able to make it! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Vincent. It is indeed interesting piece, I’m more about Korean and Chinese music (in terms of Asian vibes) but appreciate diversity and I do like how you turned this out :star:. Well done.

2 Likes

Ghost is quite popular here in Sweden, I enjoy some of their songs. Speaking of Swedish bands, I would wholeheartedly recommend other big brand (it you don’t know them yet).

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m familiar with the name Sabaton, have probably heard a few of their songs but couldn’t name any. I will check them out :smile:

1 Like

Tough choice, but I went with this one (Tour Death Song by All Them Witches) because I love the guitar work in it.

2 Likes

Well for me it has to be, catchy tune and lyrics, just in the process of learning to play it.

3 Likes

For me it is Gary Clark jr - Numb and specifically this particular performance of it:

I heard about Gary Clark in 2022 and he is my favourite artist at the moment. Amazing musician and singer.

2 Likes

Although Black Summer was the main RHCP single this year I am still in great admiration to how electric guitar sounds in this song, so many great licks and chops - definitely a favourite one this year!

2 Likes

This dropped very early in 2022 and to me is one of their best tracks ever; it way played for the first time live at a gig when they toured with RHCP early in the year. This version was recorded in a friends Garage using 12 (I think) iPhones and a camera drone; it’s amazing considering that!

2 Likes

Indeed, nicely produced music video for a pretty good song. Thanks for sharing and supporting their cause. Speaking of girl bands, I’m happily recommending this korean rock band, pretty good vibes from pop dominated music scene.

1 Like

Holy cow! How did I not know about them? Thanks for posting this!

1 Like