You're beautiful (cover)

Great job, wow that capo was a long way up there!

1 Like

Thank you Rod.

Hi Stefan,
It’s a beautiful cover of a beautiful song.
And this is not a simple pun :slightly_smiling_face:
Really great!
Leo

1 Like

Thanks Leo, I’m glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

Great stuff Stefan!!
This is one of those AVOYP thats better than the original. Way better!!

Great job Stefan :fire:

1 Like

Thank you Trond, that is a fair old compliment. It would be nice to have his money. :smiley:

Great rendition of that Stefan. Really well done.
Sounds amazing. I’ve tried this song myself but can’t get it to sound as good as that.
It’s inspired me to give it another go.
Top notch cover!

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and the great comments Jason.

Post it on up if you do, it will be great to hear it.

1 Like

Nice job Stefan. I actually thought the guitar tone managed to stand up to the high capo which is a credit to your playing as much as anything. A very nice performance and kept going through the odd stumble (which only guitar junkies notice honestly). Maybe nudge the mic slightly up as the vocal was a little low in the mix. You should try getting a backing track for it (something simply like drums and bass) you’ll be surprised how much difference it makes to how you perform.

1 Like

Thanks Jason, for the listen and the advice.

Is there any where you would recommend for backing tracks?

I would defer to great authorities on here as I tend to make do building my own with my digitech trio. There is a Karaoke site I think I’ve used before that effectively enables you to pick which instrument tracks you want and then download. @TheMadman_tobyjenner has some good sources I believe and I’m sure will chip in.

1 Like

Thanks Jason, I’ll await the Madman. :smiley:

Bit late to the party on this one but thought that was absolutely solid Stefan. You are developing into a natural performer, relaxed and eyeballing the camera ! Something I struggle to do.

As to backing tracks as @Rossco01 mentioned, I am persevering with the Trio and not quite figured it out for the songs I want to cover. And I do build my own in Reaper from GP7 midi tracks. But the site he is referring to is https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/ here a link to your track.
https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/custombackingtrack/james-blunt/you-re-beautiful.html
Think I paid £2.68 for the Amazing downloads and that was 14 individual tracks. If you are not mixing in a DAW you could just mute the tracks you don’t want to hear (vox and gtrs) and down load a mix of what is left and play over that. But once you have paid, you have continued access to the files. To download individual stems you just solo them one at a time and although it is a longer process, gives more flexibility when mixing in a DAW.
@Kasper uses Licklibrary for his stella recordings but has also used this site as well. Cost per track are generally around the 3 euro mark but you will pay more for more popular or current music. But be warned don’t select the Custom Karaoke version, as its an MP4 where you can amend lyrics and is normally around 12 euros. I’ve mistakenly hit that button a couple times but now learnt my lesson. Buy, mute or solo. Simples.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the listen Toby and the comments, thy are appreciated.

Thank you also for the backing track info. I’ll start using some backing tracks, surely they can only lift the song.

1 Like

I love this song and you played and sang it real well.

1 Like

Very nice! Only comment I can give you is one I was given recently… When you play with the capo that high up the neck it can be worthwhile strumming closer to the neck to add some warmth. Worth experimenting with. Cheers

1 Like

Loved it.

1 Like

@SandyMusic @RonG Thank you for the nice comments.

@EndlessRepetition Thank you for that feedback, I will give that a go on my next practice and see what difference it makes.

Hey man! I thought this was really well done very good job i really enjoyed it! I love this song!

1 Like

That was great Stefan! Strong strumming and fantastic vocals. My wife heard it playing downstairs and came up to see who was singing. :sunglasses:

1 Like