Youtube Audio download trick

I just found this little trick that may be useful to anyone who wants sounds from a youtube video.

[ mod notice - info deleted due to it promoting actions which can breach copyright, something Justin does not allow in the Community ]

5 Likes

definitely handy–thank you

I don’t understand why YouTube stopped sound when recording. I use third party now and transfer over to YouTube . How do you get to that in YouTube to do this hack.

[ mod notice - info deleted due to it promoting actions which can breach copyright, something Justin does not allow in the Community ]

Oh I get it now . Sorry I suck at technology

NP, I do too from time to time and I grew up with lol…

Good thing in that page is you can also pick the time interval you want from the video.

If you select a single guitar section(solo) and download that clip you could put that into something like BiasAmp and Amp Match the sound you give it. I gota give that a go lol :slight_smile:

R

A very nice find, thank you, Rachel!

There might be a workaround for the 128kbs mp3 limit if you download it as a WAV file. I thought I’d give it a try before I checked the run time on your example download and I used up two of my allowed 3 downloads per hour before I noticed it was almost 12 hours long. I’m trying it again with a smaller file.
Only another 55 minutes to wait. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

be aware that this site is just some dude’s way to strip the audio off a YouTube video. No telling how long he will be up.
I recommend caution using this. You have no way to know what information the owner is harvesting.

1 Like

It looks like they’ve been around for several years as a commercial subscription effort and I can’t find any mention of them scraping user info.

yes, it was just an example page, Its just a means to grab a sound secion if you like it.

Always good advice, it isn’t from youtube as you say. Always prudent to to take care with unknown sites. I’ve not found any untoward cookies on my pc, its seems it be just a web app, but it left 4 cookies on my PC but safeguards are in place and nothing seems to be amiss anywhere.

R

There doesn’t seem to be any increase in audio quality between the MP3 and the WAV file.

so you need more that 128kbs ?

If there is an option for a higher bitrate I will normally choose the better quality file, yes.
However, with YT unless you are uploading in 4K the audio is capped at 128kbs, you can encode up to 256kbs in a 4K stream.

All of my digital music is kept in FLAC format to keep as much of the original audio intact as possible, I downgrade those files to 320kbs to use on my phone.

1 Like

Also, if needed here are Websites for Youtube to MP3/4 and Spotify to MP3 converter.

1 Like

Sounds a bit dodgy to me as well.

Get yourself the best (free) program for Youtube audio extraction. Simple interface, reliable, safe, powerful, feature-filled. ( PC and Mac).

Occasionally, you get a program or suite of programs like this that are free, no strings whatsoever, and high quality.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

If you are on windows then another option is to use

1 Like

1 Like