A bit of improvisation!

Something that I’ve been playing around with on and off - it’s not complete just an initial idea. I’m using my new guitar and bass and a drum sequencer. The visuals are a complete beginner trial but were fun!
There’s some wicked fx in it some of it provided by a clone of the Zyvex fuzz factory.

13 Likes

Digging that Fuzz.

Nice production.

1 Like

Hah, that sounded pretty good.

What drum sequencer did you use?

1 Like

There’s a great riff in there that suits the sound. nice work👍

1 Like

That’s a very good initial idea Darrell, I hope you’ll develop it in something longer.

1 Like

I thought those were some terrific riffs with real attitude. You’ve got a real talent for this! Great production too.

1 Like

Wow, Darrell. Where has that been hiding? Great play and rocking sound. Quite a departure from your first position blues.

1 Like

Wow, Darell. Sounds more than just an initial idea! Apart from the guitar, I found your sound very well balanced. Very impressive! Could you give us some more info on the drum sequencer?

1 Like

@Helen0609 @GrytPipe
I used the one in GarageBand, it’s pretty easy to use - link to tutorial: https://youtu.be/NjBcN3qX4WI?si=dF1u-nxyoJRdlytM

Ah, I have Garage Band (ipad version). I guess you developped an individual one and didn’t use a preset? Or did you chose one of the drummers?

1 Like

@SILVIA @twistor59 @Eccleshall @oldhead49
Thanks for your appreciation, yes it’s something rather different from me and a lot of the ideas I’m having are very experimental and proving to be very interesting and exciting! As I don’t sing, (my mind hears notes but my mouth doesn’t cooperate very accurately :laughing:); sort of any old note will do, l wanted to be able to express my feelings and state of mind, this piece was done when I felt like I was living in a sort of organised chaos. I don’t know whether I shall be able to elaborate on it or not, but I do keep listening to it for inspiration!

I didn’t use a preset, I tried a couple and gave up they just didn’t work for me. Watch the tutorial, and there are a few others that are decent.

1 Like

Raunchy Darrell, hope you continue to develop this!

1 Like

Very good. This inspires me to try out some things. Enjoyed! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

What can I say… IT ROCKS!
Nice work, big drum tones that boom…!

What is not to like here???

Keep up the vibe mate!
LB

1 Like

Way to rock, my man :metal: :imp: :metal:
I was waiting for the scantily-clad chicks with powerhouse vocals to come in, but alas, it was only butterflies :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice and fresh Darrell :metal:

Ok. Thx for the info. Unfortunately, garageband doesn’t seem to work on linux.
No problem, i’ll find a suitable alternative.

1 Like

Hi Darrell! Wow, that was very powerful and your guitar riffs sounded awesome and really hard!! :+1: :clap: Be sure to continue developing this song and I will be waiting for the continuation! I congratulate you my friend on your new guitar, great news!

Mike

1 Like

@Notter @davidsynekoh @LBro @brianlarsen @liaty @MikeSebastianP
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement, it means a lot to me.
I have actually had a go at doing some more doing variations on the riffs, unfortunately somehow or other I’ve screwed up the visuals :laughing:, should have learned how to use it first!