Rene - Feb 2023 - A Horse With No Name & Lonely People (America) + Ohio (Neil Young)

“A Horse with No Name” is a song by the folk rock band America, written by Dewey Bunnell. It was the band’s first and most successful single, released in late 1971. Dewey Bunnell wanted to capture the sensation of the hot, dry desert, as he remembered his childhood travels through the Arizona and New Mexico desert when his family lived at Vandenberg Air Force Base. Bunnell has explained that “A Horse with No Name” was “a metaphor for a vehicle to get away from life’s confusion into a quiet, peaceful place”.

In the midst of life’s confusion, the solace and joy of old friends and beautiful memories always transport people to a state of peaceful bliss!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

America - A Horse With No Name.

Plus …

America - Lonely People

Plus …

Neil Young - Ohio

39 Likes

I love the vibe you bring to this song. I remember listening to America in the 70’s, their Greatest Hits album is probably on my desert island list simply because it brings me back to that time. This song was actually never a favorite of mine but a year or so ago all of a sudden it just - grew on me! Thanks for sharing your version :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Incredible playing and singing Rene!

2 Likes

Thank, Rene for sharing! Bravo! That was incredible! Good start into the day!

1 Like

Every now and again the wind blows in a unique talent to our pleasant community, and you Rene, are one of those. My expectations (already high) were exceeded with this rendition :smiley:
No sign of your mic, but your vocals were spot on over great rhythm. Was there a bit of reverb added?
I always thought America were an underrated band.
You made me pick up my guitar and go back to learning one of their songs I had started last year.
Thank you :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve always been a huge fan of America (the band :wink: ) and have loved this song since I was young.

Fab job Rene.

2 Likes

This is a great song, often presented as a simple song but I reckon it’s got a tricky rhythm to get right and you made it magic.

That solo with just one guitar too… damn.

You make it look easy.

1 Like

Hello Rene, wow, this was very impressive :star_struck::+1::clap:. It’s a great song (probably the only one I know from this band :thinking:), and you performed it so well. Terrific playing and singing - a real joy listening to it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Thanks for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Rene this was awesome! I really dig your vibe! Fantastic guitar work and your vocals are crystal clear. I’m looking forward to more of your work in the future!

1 Like

You absolutely nailed it!
Yeah loads of folks think it’s an easy song until they try to play it correctly, it’s not an easy rhythm to get!
Excellent, looking forward to listening to more of your music!

1 Like

That was fantastic Rene! Beautifully played and I could listen to your voice all day. Really really good!!!

2 Likes

Fantastic version of that classic song Rene. Super strum pattern and superb vocal. I’m loving the music you’ve brought us since you joined us here.
I’m in awe of your ‘music room’ too. :smiley:

1 Like

This was great ! What a natural ! Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring. Thank you.

1 Like

HI @Mari63 ,
Thank you for your wonderful comments.
This classic is a personal fav.
This song ought to be sung by at least 2 people, so the harmony can be on display, and a little bit of guitar solo in the middle.
I love your feedback!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

2 Likes

@ReneAsologuitar HI, Rene. Another very good cover. I like how you put yourself into a song. Very nicely done.
This one sure stoked the coals of memory and brought
memories that transported me to a state of peaceful bliss, if only for
4:03.

1 Like

Firstly, very enjoyable mate. A real performance in every way. Great playing and vocals.

Not an easy task to accomplish with a two chord song, without accompaniment. Hats off to you sir!

Regards,
Shane

2 Likes

Hi @alexisduprey ,
Thank you for your great response, my friend!!!
You are so awesome, and I love your feedback.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Nice Rene! Loved the whole performance, vocals and guitar playing! Sweet!

1 Like

Rocking it and enjoying it! What i like to see!!

Rock on, brother! Cheers! SOCIABLE! And peace out! :fist_left: :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words!!!
Your comments are so loved, and you are so appreciated, my friend!!!
Warm regards,
Rene