Alberta - Eric Clapton unplugged

You didn’t need more takes. It sounds great! I just noticed very few buzzing strings, but definitely, I wouldn’t do better.

And, last week, I tried out my first acoustic in a store (managed to resist buying), and I have even more respect for all of you that have learned with one of those. I find it quite more difficult to play

In summary, great AVOYP and was nice to see you :smile:

1 Like

Very nice, sir! Loved the drum track, no coconut shell clomps from the Trio! Really dug that. The lead, rhythm, vocals all so very well done. The whole package. You are a handsome and talented tomato growing dude! I’m a huge fan of this track. Nailed it!

1 Like

Funny that you mention it. I just bought Arran coastal way guidebook on Friday, so I will be coming up to pick up my signed copy!

1 Like

@Rumil
Glad you enjoyed the song Edgar, thanks for the listen. Yes acoustic and electric are very different beasts. To be honest, I don’t find either is any easier or more difficult to play. They both present different challenges and are suited to different types of songs. The acoustic is of course simpler as you just pick it up and go.

@CT
Thanks so much Clint. Yes, I managed to avoid the clip clop coconut shell drums this time :smiley:. I pleased you enjoyed the song.
As for the tomatoes, I’m a week or two behind at the moment but they’ll catch up. Everything in the garden is growing like crazy at the moment moment so time for guitar is limited just now.

7 Likes

I hope you make it up this year Luka. We’re not going to Arran this summer as the friends who have the holiday house in Lamlash have it rented out all Summer. :worried:

Looks like one of those national trust gardens in Scotland. Very nice indeed. It just needs an outdoor stage. And very few clouds in the sky :shushing_face:

1 Like

Haha yes all the rhododendrons are out just now. We’re having a good spell of weather at the moment. Took the pics at 7.30pm this evening.

That will be effects of global warming. You will soon have a tropical garden.

1 Like

I should take leaf out of Clint’s book. He’s made quite a few videos playing guitar in his garden. :smiley:

1 Like

As I’ve never played one I couldn’t tell. All I know is that with an acoustic in the store, It was like I had to go back to module 1 :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
What an absolutely amazing beautiful garden :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Please let us enjoy it more often throughout the year… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Err… the Chelsea Flower Show finished last week, my good man :wink:

This is indeed the horticultural equivalent of She loves you & I want to hold your hand :roll_eyes:
Rewilding is where us hipsters kick out the jams these days! Where are the caterpillar-infested nettles, the brambles and Hawthorns? Where are the insect hotels? And just look at that manicured lawn. Please tell me you maintain that crew cut with an ecological push mower!
Jes’ messin’ wi’ yer heed, mon :rofl:
Looking forward to your first open air performance.
One of the benefits of your low-tech setup is you can simply bring your mobile and acoustic into the garden and press ‘record’.
Ger’s leggy tomatoes were kicked out of the warm house at the weekend :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the pictures, Gordon, beautiful looking garden. I can imagine the hours and hours over years to cultivate and maintain such a picture perfect garden.

Now where’s the swimming pool :rofl:

1 Like

Or do you mean the party tent with heaters where we can all sit this summer David?..Okay, with a swimming pool for you when the weather is nice there :smile:
Let’s make a wish list :upside_down_face: :yum:

2 Likes

Lovely garden Gordon, obviously well cared for.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey man. I’m so hip I’m positively cool.
I do in fact have a wild area down by the garden shed. Plenty slugs, snails and creepy crawlies in there.

As for a push lawn mower, if petrol gets any more expensive it may come to that! :joy:

1 Like

Got it in one Rogier. An outdoor pool in Scotland would be as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot!
As for an outdoor one in South Africa @DavidP, I’d be worried about finding unwelcome wildlife in it! :grinning:

1 Like

Well for those interested here is the rest of it.

As for the blue skies it’s only 18C so swimming pool ……… :woozy_face:

2 Likes

:rofl: what you mean like hippos and crocs? That are hoping to prey on antelope that have evaded lion and come to our pool to drink :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All jokes aside, the strangest creature I’ve found in our pool in nearly 23 years was reasonable sized crab. I have absolutely no idea how that got into the pool. We fished it out and my son took it to his school. They fortuitously had a wetland on their property so we could release it back into the ‘wild’.

2 Likes

What a beautiful garden and your house also looks fabulous… you can be really proud of that :heart_eyes: :sunglasses::sunglasses:
We save quietly but steadily (minus some guitars and other guitar stuff :roll_eyes: :innocent:), but are happy with where we live now, … but quietly dreaming of even more space( :wavy_dash: :wavy_dash: :wheelchair: :joy:) can’t hurt.
Greetings and thanks for sharing…l like :smiley:

1 Like