Am I playing music?

Sounds like the right time to record and share, Geoff. No better way to get feedback and encouragement.

1 Like

I did record a couple of WAV files last week, to hear myself, only cringed a little bit…
Seems you can’t upload these but must provide a hyperlink. So some thought required as do not want to use say a link to personal cloud drive on internet bulletin board.

1 Like

Hi Geoff

If its video the best option is to create a YouTube account/channel and upload it there. If the video is declared Unlisted only folk with the link can see it (ie here) not the whole world. For audio option Soundcloud is an option but there are other platforms. Links from either can be copied and pasted directly here.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Audio only… SoundCloud looks like something a semi professional might use to gain an audience and I am light years away from that.
Maybe the site should allow ( perhaps with a size limit per user ) uploads…?

Or just use Vocaroo as the OP… :grinning:

Always a good idea.

I did not spend enough time with the metronome at the very beginning and now as a later stage beginner I am regretting it a bit.

I have been going back and doing just that myself, but it comes with a little frustration because I want to apply it to more complex pieces, but didn’t have the benefit of starting with simpler music. No harm stepping back to fill holes though.

I look forward to hearing your progress!

1 Like

Geoff, many of us have used SoundCloud without being semi-pro. And if you are anxious then you can upload and make the recordings only visible to people with whom you’ve shared a link. I forget exactly how to do that but sure it would be easy enough to figure out. That said, I wouldn’t be too worried about who hears anything uploaded.

I just used Vocaroo to upload my WAV file and posted… :grimacing:

I am able to play a few times through and edit to remove start and end so just the best attempt stays.

I posted “End of the Line” and am wondering if that standard is good enough to tick off a song to pass grade 1…

Well done, Geoff. I saw the post but am unable to access the site on the device I am currently using, access is blocked. I’ll check it out when on a different device.

Geoff if you check my early post from 2014 you’ll see it aint for pros :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought I might have to create an account and all that pfaff… Vocaroo just allowed me to upload the WAV and then get a link to it.
I can play using laptop. It is a WAV file so that might be issue if whatever device you are using does not know what a WAV file is :grinning:

Thanks !

Hi Geoff yep your strumming and chord changes sounded pretty good to me.

A video posting is so much better as people can see your technique and offer advice and constructive criticism. You can frame the video so that only the guitar and your hands show.

Sure sounds like “music” to me :smiley:
no worries, you’re well on your way!

1 Like

Definitely sounds like music to me Deividas. Sounds like you’re making good progress. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

Hell yes it’s music! Nice sounding chord progression there, yes it might be able to tighten up a bit but that’s what practice is for. Be proud of that!

1 Like

Sounds like music to me, good first effort.

1 Like

Deividas, I can only reflect what others have said.

It was very nicely done.

1 Like