And I Love Her - The Beatles

I haven’t posted a song for a while and almost didn’t post this one. I put in the solo bit in the middle and of course made a mistake! :woozy_face:

The original has an arpeggio triad progression in verse 2. but try as I might I couldn’t play that and sing at the same time so I gave up on that.
I thought perhaps I could make a loop of the triad bit on the Trio+ but I ran out of parts as you can only have 5 and I already had
an intro
a verse
a bridge
a verse and solo in the different key
an outro

Then I thought, who are you trying to kid, the Beatles would multitrack it umpteen times and they were also a tiny bit better at guitar and singing than me!!:smiley:

It’s a one take, so sticking to my principals, here it is. As I say every time, I’ve played it better.

27 Likes

Well done Gordon. :beers:

1 Like

The master of thumbnails is back with another cracker and I see you’ve found a new pick :wink:

I love a good Beatles song, you done very well. I enjoyed the picked strumming and the nice little solo in the middle. You sang it very well too. Yes, you had a little stumble on the solo but you pulled through really well.

That was a very good one take indeed.

I would maybe put it every AVOYP you have played better; that’s progress sir. I’m pretty sure if you didn’t stick to your principals of real one takes then we wouldn’t have anything to say other than encore.

2 Likes

Glad you did decide to post that Gordon, really nice work. Love the face you made on the solo flub but way to power through! :clap:

1 Like

Good to see you working on your repertoire, Gordon, and glad you’re still on the straight and narrow. Just enough technology to give you a nice backing rhythm section and no messing about.
Keep this up and you’ll be the life and soul of any gettogether.
Nice bit of picking and the solo was good :smiley:
I wasn’t sure you’d manage to keep the vocals going in what I thought was a high register, but you pulled it off! Bravo!
Can’t let you go without some smart-aleck comment, so try working on your expression like you mean it :rofl:

2 Likes

Gordon, that was a really good rendition of a really good song. Every time I watch and listen to you play, I think to myself, ‘someday I’m going to play like that!’
Truly inspirational.

1 Like

And I loved it! Hard song to sing too, well done.

1 Like

Very well done Gordon I love how you step up your game with each recording, definitely developing in our eyes! Brilliant!

1 Like

@stitch @Socio @Notter
Thanks for the listen and support guys. Much appreciated as always.

Yes I was annoyed about the solo mistake, but hey, this isn’t life or death. As for the face Mark, I nearly said a bad word! :wink:

There is also an iconic open E chord riff in the original but much like the triad arpeggio I couldn’t get it to fit in. You really can’t create multiple guitars on an iPhone! :joy:

1 Like

That was excellent stuff Gordon. Nice singing, great playing, yes a flub but that is just sod’s law.

Always a pleasure to watch what you share with us and always a happy face at the end.

1 Like

@brianlarsen
Yes Brian you and James (@Socio) both mentioned the thumbnail expression. There is apparently a way to change the thumbnail but not when using a phone, so I’m stuck with whatever video frame YouTube decides. At least you can tell I’m in the zone. :smile:
Thanks for the listen. You’re right, the song was a bit high for me in places but other parts were ok so I just went for it.

@ChasetheDream
Robert, if I’ve inspired you then that’s terrific. I sometimes wonder if I’m improving or not. As I’ve said before, I listen to some of the whizz bang productions posted on the forum and wonder what I’m doing here. If I can in some small way encourage others then that makes it worthwhile.

@Juliestephens
Thanks for the listen and kind comment Julie.

@adi_mrok
Thanks Adrian. I’m pleased you think I’m stepping up my game. As I said to Robert (@ChasetheDream ) I sometimes feel I’m going backwards!

@SgtColon
Haha. Happy face at the end means happy I got through it with just the one major flub!
Thanks Stefan.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Neil Diamond song:

And sairfingers sings his song
And the children dance along
And sairfingers sings his song
And we dance along

That’s what you’re doing here; entertaining us all as you progress in learning the guitar. You don’t need all the whizz bang productions to do that… maybe just a wig from time to time.

2 Likes

That was fantastic Gordon. Great song played and sung really well.
Loved your rhythm, guitar sounded great. Nice clean Barr chords.
Very good :+1: :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Really good playing, wish I could play barre chords like that!

Love the song choice. I’m more of a hard rocker but every time you post a video I think man I gotta try this song.

1 Like

Another very enjoyable rendition Gordon. Well done mate. Played well, and the singing on point as usual. You recovered instantly from that minor flub, which is the positive there. Didnt affect the song in anyway.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Very well done :clap: :clap: :clap: I really enjoyed watching your video! Great energy and fantastic facial impressions…. You really look like you enjoy playing.

1 Like

Love it! You have a beautiful voice too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
Fantastic performance…super :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:…, that tumbnail created some expectation and I thought you were going to do some acdcaxelrosie or something,…but it turned out to be your face of the high notes :joy: :sweat_smile:…and you did it in my (and many ) eyes very good…and also nice to hear you solo under the backing track, again :clap: :sunglasses: ,… and the best thing you did was after the mistake just continue without mistakes,…that’s really class…
Loved it…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
great live performance! Everything is played and sung very naturally and soulfully.
And I like your amazing emotions from your playing.
By the way, the song is not easy to cover, well done!
Leo

1 Like