And I Love Her - The Beatles

Oooh, don’t I feel a meanie, now :flushed:
I pretend not to be self-conscious, but have on occasion swapped an ‘ingrown’ thumbnail for a less painful one :roll_eyes:

Reading through the comments- you are either improving or have discovered the holy grail of mass hypnosis…
You’ve created a solid foundation, which you can enjoy on it’s own, as well as continue to build upon as high as you like. Building regs to the wind… :leaves: :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve just sent you a DM explaining how to change the thumbnail when using a phone. You will need access to a computer first to verify YouTube account but once you’ve done that you should be able to do everything on your phone.

1 Like

Well I’ve fallen at the first hurdle James. I don’t have a computer. My Windows 98 pc crashed a couple of years ago and I’ve haven’t replaced it! I’ll get my son or daughter to have a look on theirs next time I visit.

Edit. I’ve read your DM and whoohoo, there is a limited option available to me. I’m working on that now. Thanks James.

1 Like

Yes, you only need to verify account using a computer once to do a custom thumbnail. It might be worth trying it out with this video to see if the alternative thumbnails generated by YouTube are any better and hopefully we should see the thumbnail for your video refresh.

1 Like

Hi James. I’ve successfully changed the thumbnail to one of the YouTube options and it shows up when I access the video on YouTube. It hasn’t refreshed here however. Perhaps I’d need to re-link the video. I could also sort the solo flub. Temptation temptation. Get thee behind me Satan!
Actually I’ve come to like the original thumbnail. It’s got character. :smiley:

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…I love the “crazy” Gordon faces :blush:

Edit:

absolutely sure :sunglasses:…but from now on we don’t know if it’s “selected” :roll_eyes:
Oh well, sometimes it’s nice to have a choice,…have fun with it :blush:
Greetings

2 Likes

yes, you would probably have to re-link the video but doing so would break @roger_holland’s heart

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo, Gordon, you and the band are rocking along in fine style. Well done all round, played through the odd hiccup and really if you don’t signal them nobody would notice and if they did you’ve already moved on so people won’t be all disturbed by the odd hiccup.

2 Likes

That was excellent Gordon, you really did sing and play it well, you were a bit unsure of yourself with the solo but it’s not an easy one really.
Well done buddy!

1 Like

Really couldn’t tell ! :rofl: What a really good rendition Gordon. The trio Bt worked really well and the whole performance was great to watch. As much as I love the original my favourite will always be Bobby Womack’s cover on the album Understanding. But heck you owned it sir. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi,
It has been a while since I heard this. Thanks for bringing back a good one! I liked the solo and all of it as it was easy to overlook any small boo - boos. The final product was very nice to my ears! Good job! You did the Fab 4 justice!

All the best and be well,
LB

1 Like

@RonG Thanks Ron I appreciate the listen and support.

@alexisduprey Hi Alexis. Thank you for taking time to listen. I’m pleased you enjoyed the song choice despite it not being hard hock!

@sclay Thanks Shane. Yes, keep going after a mistake. Well that’s the theory anyway. :smiley:

@SylvieL I appreciate you taking time to listen Sylvia. The facial expressions are beyond my control. I enjoy playing more than I enjoy listening to myself! :smiley:

@JasmineJ Thanks for the listen and kind comment Jax. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Well Rogier, you’ll have read the previous comments by now and know all about the thumbnail issues. Crazy Gordon faces! It’s the only face I have! :smiley: Thanks for listen and supportive comments, much appreciated as always.

1 Like

Thanks Leo I appreciate that comment very much.

Haha. You know what I mean Brian. There are times when I feel I’m getting somewhere and other times when it’s just another song. I hope my songs entertain but I’m certainly not in your league in that regard! :smile:

Hi Gordon, good cover. You got the tone and covered well the sections of the song. The solo is very expanded across the fretboard so is easy to hit a wrong note but you recovered well. All post are inspiring one way or another but what I get from yours is a reinforcing that straight recording of voice, guitar and some discrete accompaniment is a suitable option.

1 Like

They most certainly do, Gordon, time after time. You are the one and only champion of your own league. I enjoy in equal measure your performances, Brian’s and the other generous folk who share their music here in the Community.

2 Likes

@DavidP @DarrellW @TheMadman_tobyjenner @LBro
Thanks for the listen and support guys. Much appreciated as always.
It’s always been one of my favourite Beatles songs. I like the ones that suit acoustic guitar. There is always so much more to a Beatles song in terms of melody and interesting chord shapes and combinations than you think. No wonder they’ve stood the test of time.
As for boo-boos, I read somewhere from a Beatles ‘expert’ that they used take 58 for the version on the Hard Day’s Night album. There’s hope for me yet. :smile:
I’ve not heard the Bobby Womack version Toby. I’ll look that one up.

2 Likes

Thanks Andrés. I played the solo a load of times error free prior to pressing the red button! :smile:
I’m also very tongue in cheek about my simplistic approach to recording. :wink:

I’ve paraphrased your sentiments a bit here David. You’ve spoken for us all I think.

2 Likes