Celebrating my 2nd Guitarversary with a new recordingšŸ˜ƒ

Bravo and congratulations Nicole. Itā€™s clear that youā€™ve been working hard to achieve so much in only two years.

Itā€™s not that easy to keep that alternating bass rhythm going. If you missed one, I didnā€™t notice. Your vocals have improved a lot when I compare them to the OM performances I saw - which werenā€™t bad to start with.

I donā€™t know the song, but I would dare to introduce even more dynamics by dropping the volume and playing one strum per bar for the later verse(s) and then pick it back uo for the final chorus.

Enjoy the ride!

1 Like

Well done and congratulations on reaching the two year mark. This is quite the achievement.
A lovely song played and sung beautifully.

1 Like

Sorry itā€™s a bit late but, happy 2nd Guitarversary.

R

1 Like

Hi Nicole, first of all, congrats on your 2nd guitarversary, time flies! See, how far you have come and where you are :+1:t3:! Somewhere above, you mention regretfully still to be on Grade 2. But does that really matter? You show amazing progress in every performance you post and itā€™s not only some progress, itā€™s very solid progress. Youā€™re working hard on your skillset and everyone can see and hear that :100:!
This last performance shows in many ways, that you are able to combine a various set of skills in a song and to sing at the same time. Thatā€™s amazing, I would say, isnā€™t it? Apart from your guitar playing I liked your vocal performance. Your voice would be perfect for some country songs, I guess.
Very well done, a pleasure to listen :green_heart:!
May your journey continue as successfully as during the last two years! Keep up your dedication and I wish you lots of fulfilling guitar hours (although kiddies, hubbies and family are the most important things in life)!
Nicole, du machst ois richtig! Weida so!

2 Likes

@Jeff Hi Jeff, Iā€™m very grateful for your comment on my recording :hugs:.

Thanks for that. For me, improving my playing is definitely easier than improving my vocals. So, itā€™s good to read, that my effort on that part paid off :blush:.

Thanks for your thoughts on that. Itā€™s definitely something to consider. The song does something similar by having one strum per bar at the beginning of the final chorus before coming back to the main pattern. But Iā€™ll give it a try at the last verse and see how this works :slightly_smiling_face:.
Thanks a lot for your input :hugs:!

@prbushe Hello Peter, I thank you very much for taking the time to listen to and comment on my rendition :hugs:. Iā€™m glad, you liked it :blush:.

@Helen0609 Servus Andrea! Voll lieb von dir - danke fĆ¼r die lieben GlĆ¼ckwĆ¼nsche :hugs:!

Well, in a particular sense yes :innocent:: Sometimes, I simply lack the technique (not even know that this technique exists) to make a song sound the way I like it to sound. This current song is a great example for that. When I listened closely to the original, I heard some kind of embellishment that made the melody much more interesting. But I couldnā€™t figure out, what it was or how Frank Turner did it. It was only by accident (when I watched Justinā€™s song lesson of Country Roads :sweat_smile:), that I realised that Frank was playing hammer-ons.

But, to be honest, it was my concious decision to move on slowly. So, I really donā€™t want to lament on this :grin:.

:heart_eyes: :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Danke!!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Rachel :hugs:!

1 Like

That was beautiful and looked quite complex, especially with that tempo and singing at the same time. That is amazing progress for two years of playing, congratulations. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s a good decision, I also took at a certain point. Iā€™ve spent a LOT of time on Grade 2 :slightly_smiling_face: and my way through Grade 3 will take even longerā€¦

Yes, thatā€™s a bit of the downside, but you definitely can look forward to Grade 3, where lots of helpful techniques wait to be explored and added to the toolbox! No doubt, you will absorb them and treat us with some new recordings! :hibiscus:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Boris :hugs:.
Yes, the tempo was a big challenge. It took me really long to get there in the end, and itā€™s still not perfect. But I keep on practicing :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Happy 2nd anniversary Nicole and what a wonderful way to celebrate it. I really enjoyed your playing and singing, I thought you did a great job. It doesnā€™t look like an easy one to tackle but you managed it superbly.

1 Like

Thank you, Stefan :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi NicoleKKB

You always describe and write out this performance journey of ours, so very well. SUCH A REAL !!
Ok, your journey, but I feel it too !!!
ā€¦force, ā€œpimp,ā€ stretch, getting ready, never - now, and all despite, but really a beautiful play of The Real Damage. ā€¦satisfaction! very good song by Frank Turner and the better way to spend my time, or ?/?

You have come in with that guitar of yoursā€¦

Iā€™ve you ever want to discuss equipment, please let me know_R

1 Like

DavidP You see it and verbalize it.
I do see Nicole taking it up. Definately higher.
Amazing and good.
Your comments, I think, encourage many of us
So thanks!!
_R

1 Like

Love it Nicole. Dancing around the kitchen here. Not familiar with Frank Turner but I can feel a rabbit hole coming on. Thank you

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Robert, for your kind words :hugs:.
Oh yes, the way from the first trial to performance isnā€™t always strait forward :grin:.

Hi Dom :smiley:!

Oh, what a great compliment :star_struck:! Thank you :hugs:.

Frank Turner has so many great songs and heā€™s an amazing performer. He is more or less permanently on tour, and absolutely worth seeing and listening to.
My favourite album at the moment is this :star_struck::

Definitely a good start for a new rabbit hole :rabbit::grin:.

1 Like

Congratulations Nicole on 2 years playing guitar, and many many happy returns!

Great playing - getting that alternating bass going takes a lot of patient practise but is so worth it! Once you have it down it makes the playing so much more varied and interesting to listen to. I really enjoyed your performance!

I see in your video that you are strumming very much from your elbow (as we were all taught be Justin to do). Have you experimented with less elbow movement and more finger-uncurling on downstrums between the alternating bass picks? The up-strum sound would be made when up-curling the fingers. The downstrum sound is made by the fingernails and the upstrum by the fingertip. Should make it easier finding the alternating strings as the hand moves around less. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Nicole, Happy 2d Guitarversary!
You drew me in from the first bar. What a great song, and what a great
performance. Watching your performance and the feeling you put into it, I could picture you playing in a pub or coffee house. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Hello Molly, thanks a lot for your kind comment. Itā€™s very much appreciated :hugs:.

Thatā€™s an interesting advice. Iā€™ll give it a try to see how it works. Thanks for pointing it out :hugs: :+1:.

Hi Dave, oh, youā€™re too kind :hugs:. Thanks a lot for your motivating words.

Maybe one day. That would be cool, for sure :star_struck:.

1 Like