Clocks- Coldplay cover, first recording with an electrical guitar

Hey Trond! Great to hear you again! You know, I like your playing whatever guitar you play. I’m not sure what there was you didn’t like about it - I found it really great! Such a mellow and sensitiv finger picking on electric - goosebumps! Such a nice tone of the guitar, together with your singing made this such a pleasure to listen to! Melancholic vibes…
Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it! :+1:

1 Like

Really good Trond, fingerstyle on electric is not easy. Great song, great version, well done.

1 Like

Most enjoyable Trond, what did you not like about it after recording it?

As others have said, your style and feel is yours and was reflected in this performance. I enjoyed the tone of the electric. I am sure it would sound equally great on your acoustic.

I recall your daughter picking up an electric, though in my memory it was a strat rather than LP?

I’ll listen to you any time, regardless of what guitar you choose to play.

1 Like

I believe you may have missed that LP debut here:

1 Like

@Metalbrain Thanks Jaime, I did miss it. Better late than never. I see my memory was sound, Tuva’s guitar was a strat and the Trond planned on playing electric with her. What a fantastic tone in that video.

1 Like

Not sure what you didn’t initially like but it sounded good to me.

1 Like

Hi Trond,

this was just beautiful, what a lovely rendition. :clap: :smiley:

Surely, the way you play the electric is influenced by the way you play acoustic, but why not? This style of playing really suits you. :+1: You have a very gentle, soft touch on the electric as well, tone sounded great and matched the feeling/mood of Clocks. You played and sang with so much feeling and emotion, it was touching and true.

I’m glad you changed your mind and shared this one with us. It was a most enjoyable listen. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Trond: I really liked this. As others have noted, maybe this is not quite what I expected from the Les Paul, but the sounds and style was really excellent. Great singing too. All around good stuff!

1 Like

That was really great Trond. I am glad you decided to post it. Lovely playing and very very nice vocals.

1 Like

That was creative, and haunting, too (in a good way).

1 Like

That was very enjoyable Trond. I’m a bit of an acoustic addict and keep looking for an inspiration to pick up my electrics again. This video was pretty good inspiration. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @brianlarsen did you see that?? Tagged :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Well. That amp is still going strong. Its an fantastic amp i have too say. I was not too impressed with it from the start. But it has grown on me… lot of useful things and noices in that little box. I rarely use it though. But i plan to try and play with it some more with the acoustic…. Its rarely free too use though, Tuva uses it every day… but hey, thats a nice problem to have :grin:

Thanks Mark… appreciate it a lot for feedback and that you took time too listen :grin:

Thanks a lot Eddie! Very much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Tosh!! And yeah… its not the first song you think about looking at that Les paul :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Lisa.
Thank you so much for youre feedback. It means a lot… glad you liked it, that song is pure magic, it has a cool chilled vibe about it.

1 Like

Hi trevor and thanks for listening and comment. Very much appreciated.
Not sure why i did not like it. But i stumbled over that recording last night. Then i liked it. So something changed my mind… not sure what though :grin:

Hi David. Thanks for listening in… not sure why i did not like it then. But now i think its fine. So something has changed… i love the song original. That somg is pure magic…
that LP is Tuvas along with the blue Fender. I get to borrow it from time to time :grin:

1 Like

Hi Andrea! Glad you liked it. Appreciate youre feedback! :pray:

Hi Shane, and thanks a lot for listening and comment.
No its not that easy to fingerpick an electric, and that can be heard a lot of times during the song too, that i pluck too hard here and there.
I am messing around with some different styles of playing. Not sure what hybrid picking is though :rofl: