Covers re-imagined / revisited

Yes, this is a “cover” of the song by Crosby, Stills & Nash. Quite fabulous, I think.

And the other way around, with a mandolin, of all instruments:

This is an amazing cover of an Animals classic by a guy who has an amazing vocal range - bear it in mind that he sings all of the parts in it!

1 Like

Wow! That’s cool

1 Like

Save this for tomorrow, First glance I thought Dennis Leary ??? !!!

1 Like

No it’s Geoff Castellucci, He’s one of the founders of a singing group called VoicePlay, they do some of the fantasy movie themes like from the Hobit and that sort of stuff.

Another really good one, absolutely brilliant using the instruments they do :blush:

1 Like

Here they are with Tarja (formerly) of Nightwish!

1 Like

These guys make @brianlarsen look normal. I was a little concerned for the sheep right at the beginning of this.

4 Likes

I’ve seen most of their stuff, I binge watched them when I first found them, Tarja has done a few performances with them, makes an interesting collaboration!

2 Likes

This li’l Billy Goat Gruff ain’t bitin’ on no troll-click-bait, mistuh! (well, maybe just a quick peek… :wink:)

3 Likes

Pretty decent cover, especially considering their ages! A family group of brothers and sisters playing a bit of Ozzy!

…and a good time was had by all! That is a fun one, and a very good cover, too. Sure got the audience dancing. The video was really well done too.

A couple of really great covers from the same duo, both to me are really excellent! Meet Mike Massé and Jeff Hall:

1. Africa from Toto
    Africa (acoustic Toto cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

2. Stairway to heaven from Led Zep (in my opinion a close contender to Heart’s version, I really liked the fact that the Bass played the solo - amazing!
    Stairway to Heaven (acoustic Led Zeppelin cover) - Mike Massé and Jeff Hall - YouTube

2 Likes

He’s a great inspiration to me.

1 Like

Another interesting one, cover of a cover of a cover I think plus it’s on Ukulele and it’s an absolute cracker!
Feelin good by Bourbon Legend ref Muse ref Nina Simone

2 Likes

Quite possibly better than the original…

1 Like

@DarrellW It was a good cover that but my favourite of all the covers of that one is by Muse.

1 Like

And mine, me being a big fan of Muse :+1:

1 Like

Forgot about this one, the great beginner song - Three little birds by Sarah Smith, special mention to Ken the thumb, the bass player, he’s good!

Another interesting cover by Voiceplay, it’s absolutely superb and really funny; they have a great sense of humour!
The original:

The cover by Voiceplay:

2 Likes