DiGASter averted

I like to say Iā€™ve replaced my GAS with GPS - guitar playing syndrome. And it does a lot more for my ability than GAS ever did and I do remember using GAS to fool myself that it was the guitar that was the reason I didnā€™t sound that good.

5 Likes

Well done JK! You are now a stronger person.

You now know the level of playing you need to be at before going into a shop and buying an electric guitar. :smiley:

Cool. I used to love playing the drums. :sunglasses:

1 Like

GPS is where itā€™s at! Although GAS is eternally tempting.

1 Like

No upgrades until I can play like Hendrix or Van Halen!

Didnā€™t know you were a drummer! I havenā€™t played since my teens (40 now). Surprising how much I still know although the skills have faded. When did you play drums Stefan?

I love the drums. I played in my late teens, I had lessons and everything but as with everything I did when I was younger it was all put aside for women and drink. It was actually more drink as the women werenā€™t actually interested. :smiley:

2 Likes

Goog boyā€¦take a cookie :smiley:

Blimeyā€¦so short,ā€¦come here with that cookie, :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Not a bad causeā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

Already ate it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What time are they open until JK? No chance of heading back today? :wink::joy:

1 Like

Well theyā€™re closed now Mark, but if I get a face mask and some bolt cutters maybe I can get one real cheap :crazy_face:

1 Like

Oh I canā€™t even look at a gretsch guitar, I know Iā€™m just one GAS day away of getting one way above my playing level.

Hereā€™s my advice: you build these glasses so you donā€™t see nice things! Get into the store, ask the staff to get you what you need and get out! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Gosh that made me laugh. Oh the possibilities of the guitar I could have been able to afford if not forā€¦

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s a fallacy, even inexperienced players will enjoy a quality instrument if not get the most out of it

2 Likes

4 Likes

I was in a similar position, overwhelmed by choices. I ended up getting a pair of JBL 305p MkII monitors - largely because everyone from forum experts to my guitar teacher recommended them. I found a good deal on a new pair on Reverb.

Iā€™ve also heard great things about the PreSonus Eris line. The 3.5s make a great budget pair at half the price, and come with a free copy of PreSonus Studio One Artist (which I really like) if you need a DAW.

1 Like

WRT studio monitors, Iā€™m also in the market.

Thereā€™s an existing topic, so Iā€™m asking some questions over there.

All those syndromes, whatever is good to induce some deep layered blues to feel bad about ourselves to get inspired to yank out some dirty licks or soulful playing :wink:

Iā€™m suffering of GWS : guitar withdrawal syndrome. In Austria on a holiday which is very nice but I miss singing my songs alongside my guitar! First world problems :smiley:

I remembered this topic today. Found a good deal on a Tele (player series) and couldnā€™t resist. Wait for it on the AVOUP section. Iā€™m weeeak!

2 Likes

Well done Kevin. Sure, youā€™re weak, but who cares, youā€™re gettin a new Tele!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Man, a Tele is on my wish list. Not so long after your epiphone as well I think?

Super keen to see it!