Recommendation for some monitors to my Scarlett 2i2

Hi folks, this time I need a piece of advice :grinning: Looking for some nice monitors on my desk to connect with Scarlett 2i2 (I believe it has left and right ports at the back). I want interface to be always connected to my laptop and don’t want to switch over to laptop speakers all the time if I want to listen to some music etc.

What would be best for this solution? Room is quite small so doesn’t have to be a banger :sweat_smile: just something not too big and ideally on top of my desk perhaps as I already have an amp underneath. Nice quality is crucial to me. Budgetwise up to £100 unless it’s not enough?

2 Likes

Interesting question adi_mrok. :+1: I’m using some virtual amp software like Amplitude with my interface and I am looking for good monitors too. I’ll keep an eye on this discussion. Thanks for asking

1 Like

For that budget, something like the Behringer MS16 would be OK.

If your budget can stretch a fair bit higher, the IK Multimedia iLoud are well regarded.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Thanks Keith for your recommendations, I think those quoted are too bit of a stretch to my wallet for now, I would prefer to set aside some money and get a new guitar or replace amp to MK100.

Behringer option seems cool though, I will see if anyone else recommends something as interesting as this. I read a few comments and someone said there is a bit of static coming off those speakers. If you used those did you hear anything as such?

I use these as the main speakers on my desktop PC. They are quite good and I don’t notice any general static from them. They are, however, quite susceptible to noise from nearby mobile phones on occasion.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

That’s brilliant thank you so much for recommendation at the moment top of my list!

Adi I’ve had these for 4-5 years now and they work great >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mackie-Studio-Monitor-3-inch-CR3/dp/B00KVEIY4E . Use them with my mixer and have also used them with the 2i2

1 Like

Thanks Jason I have a mic from Mackie so this seems interesting. Will have to do some reading as well :slight_smile:

These are some that I have for general use, mainly with my TV and as Monitors, they’re exceptionally good for what they cost and don’t take much room up - I think they’re about £85 - 90 on Am4z0n at the moment, this is a good review because it’s after 2 years of use!

1 Like

Apparently, the ribbon tweeters on my Samson Rubicon 5a monitors - which gave them a lovely top end - have died, so looking for replacements.

Any new suggestions?

Also, since I mostly just plug the speakers into my iPad so I can play over backing tracks, I’m wondering if a set of high quality desktop speakers, or a good TV sound bar might also do the trick.