Recommendation for some monitors to my Scarlett 2i2

Hi folks, this time I need a piece of advice :grinning: Looking for some nice monitors on my desk to connect with Scarlett 2i2 (I believe it has left and right ports at the back). I want interface to be always connected to my laptop and don’t want to switch over to laptop speakers all the time if I want to listen to some music etc.

What would be best for this solution? Room is quite small so doesn’t have to be a banger :sweat_smile: just something not too big and ideally on top of my desk perhaps as I already have an amp underneath. Nice quality is crucial to me. Budgetwise up to £100 unless it’s not enough?

2 Likes

Interesting question adi_mrok. :+1: I’m using some virtual amp software like Amplitude with my interface and I am looking for good monitors too. I’ll keep an eye on this discussion. Thanks for asking

1 Like

For that budget, something like the Behringer MS16 would be OK.

If your budget can stretch a fair bit higher, the IK Multimedia iLoud are well regarded.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Thanks Keith for your recommendations, I think those quoted are too bit of a stretch to my wallet for now, I would prefer to set aside some money and get a new guitar or replace amp to MK100.

Behringer option seems cool though, I will see if anyone else recommends something as interesting as this. I read a few comments and someone said there is a bit of static coming off those speakers. If you used those did you hear anything as such?

I use these as the main speakers on my desktop PC. They are quite good and I don’t notice any general static from them. They are, however, quite susceptible to noise from nearby mobile phones on occasion.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

That’s brilliant thank you so much for recommendation at the moment top of my list!

Adi I’ve had these for 4-5 years now and they work great >> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mackie-Studio-Monitor-3-inch-CR3/dp/B00KVEIY4E . Use them with my mixer and have also used them with the 2i2

1 Like

Thanks Jason I have a mic from Mackie so this seems interesting. Will have to do some reading as well :slight_smile:

These are some that I have for general use, mainly with my TV and as Monitors, they’re exceptionally good for what they cost and don’t take much room up - I think they’re about £85 - 90 on Am4z0n at the moment, this is a good review because it’s after 2 years of use!

1 Like

Apparently, the ribbon tweeters on my Samson Rubicon 5a monitors - which gave them a lovely top end - have died, so looking for replacements.

Any new suggestions?

Also, since I mostly just plug the speakers into my iPad so I can play over backing tracks, I’m wondering if a set of high quality desktop speakers, or a good TV sound bar might also do the trick.

I spotted that @sclay has posted about his set-up: First set of studio monitors - KRK Rokit 5 G4

These seem to be available in the UK at around the £100 mark at the moment, so not too extortionate.

1 Like

@adi_mrok what did you go for in the end, and how has your experience been please? (My wife has just started asking what I want for Christmas…)

Hi Iain I eventually ended up with Mackie monitors model CR3-X and they are very good in my opinion. I plug them in to headphones output rather than through stereo at the back as they haven’t included for the cables, although it is more than enough for me to be fair.

1 Like