DigiTech Trio+ Band Creator & Looper

Thanks Toby, thatā€™s some good pointers. How does it work with connection to Scarlett 2i2?

Not used it with my AI yet. Hooked in my old Zoom GFX707 multifx (20 odd years old) and stacked about 4 layers to impro over. AI can wait for another day. Having too much fun.
:sunglasses:

Trio+ is NOT just for improvā€¦.if you are able to strum a song then you can use it to generate yourself a backing track of drums and bass for any song. Itā€™s 99% of what I use it for. I use the looper very rarely.

3 Likes

Thanks Jason. Having spent a fair amount of time working on the Strumming Techniques Course and working with a metronome Iā€™m fairy confident with playing on time. What interested me in the Trio was the ability to play with bass and drum as well as do the looper (Iā€™m a big fan of gerry cinnamon and most of his songs he uses a looper as heā€™s a one man band).

2 Likes

Very true Jason.

Like I say Iā€™m just experimenting and having some fun. Backing tracks tomorrow,

I should add for James by doing some layered loops I am working on various strumming techniques as well.

1 Like

This is a super important point. You can record multiple song ā€˜sectionsā€™ and programme them to repeat according to the structure of the song you are playing.
:+1:

3 Likes

I know some folk here avoid facebook totally ā€¦ for those that donā€™t there is a Trio+ group.

3 Likes

Yes indeedy. :smiley:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very good point, Toby. Itā€™s about raising the enjoyment of your practice sessions. If Iā€™m comfortable playing with a metronome, this adds a completely different aspect to my practice sessions not having someone to practice with.

1 Like

That is what I mainly use the Trio+ for too. You can create a backing track in 5 parts. An intro, a verse, a bridge, a chorus and an outro. The verse, chorus and bridge can of course be repeated as often as needed in the song.
Iā€™m no expert, but if I can do it anyone can. The hard bit is getting the sound balance right as you can hear in this AVoYP I did a while back.

4 Likes

Well Gordon (@Sairfingers) so all it took was a discussion on the functionality of the Trio Plus for an AVOYP. My favourite part of the weekend after a few rums. On a serious note, that post did give me a bit more confidence that I donā€™t need to be playing guitar like Gerry Cinnamon to use a Trio Plus. It has given me the confidence to plug it in and have my own little concert tomorrow (even if it annoys the neighbours). As I try to work out the little box of black magic, I may annoy you more than my neighbours in the coming days. Cheers for the Trio inspiration :smiley:

2 Likes

What is this @sairfingers, the beginning of a new 'Things I made with my Trioā€™ thread?
Closest thing to playing with a band, when you have no mates, like me :wink:
Hereā€™s one from the early days

4 Likes

And one of me using it live ( but only for the drums!)

4 Likes

Good shareā€™s guys.

Now Iā€™ve got the basics under my belt, next step is to integrate with the AI, as the volume seemed very low from the unit, using headphones direct, even after I found the volume knob at the back !! Despite the aging GFX707 I was impressed with the clarity of the loop layering.

Tomorrow it will be song breakdown and try to identify and create PARTS but I am now off to get the software interface, as its my non-playing part of the day. :smiley:

3 Likes

@brianlarsen @Rossco01 thanks for the share. Itā€™s good to see and hear the Trio Plus in action.

Tanks guys for sharing,
Itā€™s really time to get more out of it for me than just a repeat verseā€¦ :relaxed:
@sairfingers you pulled the trigger :joy:

2 Likes

Gosh, I read all this and the GAS pressure begins to build :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

David, take a breath in and out,ā€¦ get out of the sun and have a glass of cold water. I was attacked by GAS yesterday ,look outā€¦but ,trio band ā€¦itā€™s a great pedal thoughā€¦ ā€¦sorry breath in breath outā€¦

2 Likes

I hear Billy Idol

ā€œshe cried more more moreā€ :rofl:

3 Likes

Whenever you feel an imminent attack, take a deep breath and repeat after me:
Iā€™d do anything for GASā€¦ but I wonā€™t do that :wink:

2 Likes