DigiTech Trio+ Band Creator & Looper

Thanks now I can never hear that song ever again without thinking about this :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

Here’s how a looper gets used in Scotland. I suspect it’s not a Trio+ though. :rofl:

1 Like

What a nice musician to watch and listen to…nicely working with his looper…and you obviously understand what he is saying :roll_eyes: (I do like to listen to this language,)… .the music is universally good, in my humble opinion :sunglasses:

Tash Sultana Jungle
She also does great things with her looper :sunglasses:

Apparently a Boss RC-300.

She uses a Boss RC-30 & RC-505.

The thing to be aware of is all these loopers have more than one track, allowing them to do more sophisticated loops than you could with most standard loop pedals.

Cheers,

Keith

Effectively 3 loopers in one!

What I find - and I don’t do a lot of looping - is that if you are using a “single” looper (which is what most of us will have) to build a track using overdubs (rather than a simple chord progression and improv) you have to keep those overdubs VERY distinct in terms of sound otherwise it all becomes mush.

It’s a Boss RC-300 loop station. AndyGuitar does a lesson on that song. Its on my list of songs I’d like to learn to play once I’m a bit more skilled. That and Gerry’s cover of Discoland which would be a fun campfire song.

As 1st I got a Ditto X2, and my girl gave me the Bandtrio, and there was also a looper in it…for now of course a bit to much…but always handy in the future, although I now also use them all 2 occasionally…but more traces is so nice, and that’s what the dittox2 has,No idea how it was with the other one.

Edit:I have the feeling that you are talking about a different kind of loopers, and not one where you can overdub a few times :upside_down_face:…I’ll learn about that later

Haha he has an extremely broad Glaswegian accent! Even I have difficulty with it. :grinning:

Couldn’t agree more Jason. In my limited experiments this last week, I can get about 3 loops on the Trio before it gets too muddy. That’s normally a clean basic progression of open chords with nothing too fancy pattern wise, giving space for bass and the additional over dubs. Background but distinctive power chords and finally triads on the top strings. Choice of FX if using a multi also needs to be careful to keep things distinct. I am sure I could extra layers but its early days.
:sunglasses:

:joy: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
Oke,that explains something.

Yep when I’ve just used the looper I play a simple bass on the low strings, some open or barre chords and then either triads or even partial picked chords work well…but you do need to keep it quite clean. It’ll sound nothing like the stuff you can do on multi loopers BUT then again maybe that doesn’t matter as most us are just performing for ourselves and it’ll probably sound good enough.

He makes it look very easy but I think there’s a lot more to what he’s doing than meets the eye. If he got the loops wrong the whole thing would collapse.

So I succumbed to GAS, I saw a used Trio Plus for not too bad a price, they seem very expensive in the US compared to the price I saw on Thomann, not sure why. It arrived today and I have played around with it a little. It was fun, and able to get some rough backing tracks for the songs I was playing. I have spent time reading the threads here and watching videos, which has been incredibly useful.
I am hoping my skills grow into getting lots of use out of it, I clearly recognize that it’s capabilities are way above mine, but it should be happy to jam with me without getting fed up.

3 Likes

If anyone in the US is looking for one, I will probably sell mine soon.

@Jamolay
Hi Joshua. I’d be interested to know why you no longer want your Trio+.

That is a good and poignant question!

First, it has nothing to do with the Trio, great device.

Not to hijack this thread I will post a new one.

1 Like

I want to connect my Trio+ to three different amps. I am looking for a switch that will allow the output of the Trio+ to be sent selectively to an amp so I do not have to reroute cables every time I wish to use a different amp/guitar combo.
What is the proper terminology for such a switch? All my searches bring up switches for speaker cabs that do not appear to be able to do the simple switching I am looking for. Ideas?

You need an “ABC Switch”. These are not that common. More common are “AB” (or “ABY”) switches.

Here’s one example of an ABC switch:

Cheers,

Keith

Thaks, Keith. That is exactly what I am looking for. :grinning: