Do you know your guitar-versary?

Hi there!

I was just wondering and used the stats section of the practice dashboard to figure out the exact day I started to play with Justin.

Mine is 14 of august of 2020 :relaxed:, and yours?

1 Like

All I know is the year. 1975

2 Likes

19th January 2021 here, loved every day picking it up and learning!!

2 Likes

Christmas Day, 1973

2 Likes

March 2012 for me.

2 Likes

Close!

12, January 2021

Got the guitar a couple of weeks before that.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: I started with a 10 year old Yamaha acoustic for a few months and then went electric once I knew I was going to stick with it. Haven’t looked back since!

2 Likes

March 2021. Loving every minute of it. :guitar: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Feb 25 2020 bought a guitar.
Had recently retired from the workforce and Covid was here to boot so needed something to do with my hands. Still making progress, just not on the stage yet, LOL
Rock on.

2 Likes

Saturday, June 18th, 2020 is my JG-versary… I had tried playing on and off since 2012 but didn’t really learn much or stop sounding like a complete rookie until I started the new BC course…

2 Likes

Christmas Day 1962, a very long time ago :joy:

2 Likes

Acquired my first guitar back in 1984, and tried to learn by playing songs transcribed by a friend who showed me the basics … not successful

Started the JustinGuitar Beginner Course Dec 16th, 2016 … successful

2 Likes

Wow. I’m impressed that some of you have been holding a guitar more years than I’ve been alive :flushed:. I’m from year 89

1 Like

Well I can say my 40th back in '96 but 17 years of treading treacle in a downward spiral followed, so does that count.

With Justin ? Call it from early '13 of constructive learning and progress.

I could also cite sometime in maybe '68 or '69 when a friends pen pal (remember them ?) came over from Grenoble on an exchange visit. Taught us Love Like A Man by 10 Years After and somehow I worked out the intro to Quo’s Pictures Of Matchstick Men, which had not been out long at the time. So you could say my transcribing pre-dates my playing.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Jan 30th 2020, the day my Squier Strat starter pack arrived!!

1 Like

It was Jan 5 when my squier strat came in and Dec 29 when I had started with an ultra cheap acoustic (which I quickly got rid of lol).
I just noticed yesterday that the strings have worn down the first four frets just a tiny bit!

1 Like

Well I registered on the old Justin Guitar forum on January 31st 2014 and I reckon picked up the guitar in the previous November. I posted my first AVOYP - three little birds - on Feb 26th 2014.

1 Like

Hey Edgar

Pretty much the same here - June 2020, with Justin.

Cheers,
Shane

1 Like

Not a clue when I picked it up first, in my early teens that’s all I know. I picked it up again after finding Justin early May 2020, joined old forum in June and posted first AVOYP end of July

2 Likes

Oo. Didn’t know that could happen. But it makes sense. So for the very old guitars… people change frets?

That was my first song with Justin :).

@sclay @adi_mrok I see we 3 started about at the same time :blush:

2 Likes