Eddie_09 - November 2022 - Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen

Thanks Charlie and welcome to the community. I hope you have a lot of fun here. :sunglasses:

Great Eddie… Super sounding. Like your style.

1 Like

Thanks Jim. Really appreciate the feedback and the listen :headphones:.

This is a cover of the Bruce Springsteen song stolen car taken from the album The River. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for listening.

16 Likes

Nicely done! Excellent song for an acoustic + vocal cover.

1 Like

I really enjoy the springsteen songs. Well done brother. :clap:

1 Like

Congrats especially on the voice, it was really good, good tone and emotional-delivery

1 Like

That was beautiful!! Keep it up!

1 Like

Really good Eddie keep up the good work!

1 Like

As the others have said, very nice! Also, kudos on the Springsteen deep cut: after, what, Tom Joad and Used Car, now Stolen Car? All 3 among Bruce’s best writing, imo.

1 Like

Well done again, Eddie.
I’ve said 'That’s your best yet’ too often now, that if I keep on you won’t take me seriously anymore :rofl:
But well done. I like to see you’ve settled in here and enjoy seeing you share your progress.
I bought The River cassette tape when I was in school, mainly because it was in a bargain bucket and only really liked a couple of songs on it. This wasn’t one, but maybe I should give it another go. Did you ever have a go at ‘The River’ itself?
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks Jason. Appreciate the comment and thank you for listening!

Thanks Darren. Really glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks Alessandro. The guitar parts are pretty simple and straightforward (2 chord song) but it’s good to get a positive comment on the vocals. Cheers!

Thank you Byron!

Thank you Adrian!

Thanks John. Yes that’s the 3rd Bruce song I have done. I do like his old ones with really simple but powerful lyrics that work well with just an acoustic guitar. Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment!

Ah I will always take you seriously Brian! Funnily enough even though the river is one of his more famous songs it’s not one that I really like. Perhaps somewhere deep within my subconscious I am thinking that if I cover some of his lesser known songs people won’t know if I messed it up or not :joy:. Thanks again for the listen :+1:

Hi Eddie,
Another beautiful one from you,…this style clearly suits you,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Rogier . Always appreciate your feedback and support. :sunglasses: