Eddie_09 - September 2022 - Original song - This Is Your Time (plus Stereophonics)

Thank you Nicole! It definitely was a nightmare for our family to go through. I thought this was the best place to share the song and the response had been so supportive and humbling. I did eventually play it to my wife and daughter and of course Killian (the star of the song) this weekend and they all loved it.!

2 Likes

I‘m absolutely certain, they did :blush:.

1 Like

A very strong song, Eddie.
And an excellent performance. The guitar is good and the vocals are very convincing.
Thank you for sharing, and good health to your boy.
Leo

1 Like

Thank you so much Leo! And thanks for taking the time to listen and to comment :sunglasses:

46 posts were split to a new topic: Eddie_09 - October 2022

This is a song from one of my favourite bands the Stereophonics called “everyday I think of money “. In Justin’s recent video on “how not to suck at singing “ one of his tips was to picture the voice you would like to sound like. For me that voice is Kelly Jones as IMO he could sing the ingredients off the side of a cereal box and it would sound great. :joy: I am no Kelly Jones but I hope you enjoy all the same.

7 Likes

Hi Eddie,
Well played and beautifully sung… :sunglasses: :bouquet: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Superb stuff Eddie. I do dig a bit of Stereophonics. You had more than enough education to perform that one mate. I look forward to you performing the song that was missing on that album when it was first released. That was top stuff, played and sung very well. Next time try to get that camera angle to capture all of your guitar so I can watch closely and learn from your playing.

1 Like

Awesome Eddie👏

Well played and sung, real chilled out vox, nice.

1 Like

Thanks Rogier for checking it out and commenting. Much appreciated! :sunglasses::+1:

Thanks James and glad to hear you like some stereophonics! Will take note next time and try have my guitar in view. I don’t have any fancy recording equipment so am doing everything off an iPhone in the kitchen. Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and to comment. Will check out that missing song you mentioned! Cheers again :sunglasses::+1::guitar:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment Dave. Glad you enjoyed it! :sunglasses::+1::guitar:

1 Like

That was great Eddie. Your voice is full of character. Clean chords, steady strumming pattern too. Well done.

Only other comment. Guitar slightly out of tune?

1 Like

Thanks Gordon and thanks for the heads up on the guitar maybe being slightly out of tune. Will check that out. There are quite a few minor chords Dm , Am in that song which gives a slight sadness to the sound. I Appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. :sunglasses::+1:

Full of character Eddie, the guitar is solid and clean giving just the right platform for a compelling performance.
If thinking of husky Kelly helps you get there then keep on with the thoughts.
Great stuff.

1 Like

Thanks so much Richard for the feedback and the encouragement to keep going. I am kicking myself I didn’t join this community earlier as the experience has been incredible.I feel myself growing and I am learning so much from everyone here. !!!

That was wonderful Eddie. So much emotion in the song. Your playing and singing are great. Nice song choice as well.

1 Like

Very well played and sung. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thank you Ron . I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! :sunglasses:

Thanks Stefan. Yea it’s one of their lesser known songs but it tells a good story. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks so much for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. :sunglasses::+1: