Finally, My First Acoustic! NGD

The hubby and I left home in Michigan Wednesday afternoon and a little over 5 hours later ended up in Fort Wayne, Indiana and as they were still open wandered into Sweetwater, 5 minutes from our motel. I had a list of 11 to check out but most of them were not on display but in the warehouse. 3 were backordered so totally unavailable. I did get to play the PRS Angelus and was becoming quite happy with it.

We came back today, as soon as they opened at 9 and they brought 3 off my list to a demo room where i got to test them all out. I tell you, unlike last July when i knew so much less, being actually able to play a few tunes made the experience so much more satisfying! I really thought it was between the PRS and a pricier Breedlove Organic Wildwood but i really couldn’t decide. I asked my sales rep if he could demo them all for me and believe it or not, i ended up woth the less expensive Breedlove ECO Discovery S Concerto CE. He knocked the price down to $449.30 US. We both thought it sounded warmer.

Here it is. I hope to get better photos when we get to Texas, the motel has lousy lighting.

When I get back home in 2 weeks I’ll make another post on what i did with the money i saved. Sweetwater is dangerous! :rofl:

34 Likes

I’m glad I am a long way away from sweetwater or andertons, or thomann tbh too :rofl:

Congrats on the new acoutic!

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean about being able to play something to actually be able to test a guitar. So satisfying!

Enjoy all your time with that gorgeous instrument!

1 Like

Happy new guitar day Rebecca. Every one should own an accoustic. :beers:

1 Like

Lovely, Rebecca!!! I am really jealous that you got to go to Sweetwater!!! I’m also really glad that you found a new friend!!!
Enjoy your new love!!! She’s going to be a keeper I bet!!!

Tod

1 Like

Tobacco Sunburst, what’s not to love.
Happy NGD.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

It looks awesome :heart_eyes: Happy NGD!

1 Like

Beautiful guitar you got there Rebecca.
Sounds like you did your research prior to shopping too. Good work.

I find that bridge set up pretty cool.
Kinda string thru.
Sure seems like a really good idea. I seem to always have to fight with my bridge pins when I’m changing strings. Whether it’s pulling the pin out to get the old string off, or getting the pin to stay in place when I’ve got the new string on and I’m tightening up the string. Many times the pin pops up and ya gotta start all over again.
That bridge cures all of that. Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Enjoy your new instrument.

3 Likes

Happy NGD, Rebecca! :smiley:

Looking great and even better it feels good to you! Wish you lots of fun together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rebecca @LunaRocket
Looks fabulous, I am fan of cutaway guitars. :guitar:
Michael

1 Like

Happy NGD, Rebecca. That looks gorgeous :sunglasses:

Michigan, Indiana… are you driving all the way to Texas? :open_mouth:
Happy trails :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations, good to hear you have a better feeling for what to look for, what to check, how to feel the vibe and playability.

1 Like

Very nice, although I am biased given that the acoustic I bought recently was also a tobacco burst!

I had a similar experience when I got mine, with more of a benchmark in mind after playing for around a year

Have fun with it :blush:

1 Like

Sweet new guitar Rebecca. I tried some Breedloves last year and also liked the warm sound, and the pinless bridge seems cool. I decided on an Alvarez acoustic-electric, a folk model in the same price range with a somewhat thinner body than my original dreadnought that I find much more playable. Enjoy!

1 Like

Beautiful Guitar Rebecca! Happy NGD!

1 Like

Happy NGD Rebecca, looks like a stunner! Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rebecca, Breedlove do have a good rep’ and sound good too. Enjoy your time together. :smiley:

1 Like

Happy NGD, Rebecca! You will have so much fun together and I’m sure playing guitar will get even more satisfying for you! Congrats!

3 Likes

Congrats and happy NGD, Rebecca :grinning: :sunflower:

Looks great - and I’m sure sounds great, too.

Have lots of fun with your beautiful new guitar :guitar:

4 Likes

Nice Rebecca, happy NGD. Isn’t it great messing around in guitar shops and even better walking out with a new toy :+1::+1::grinning:

1 Like