First AVOYP- Chocolate Jesus

Well Hello Donna, that was absolutely fantastic. The tone of your voice and delivery is like candy for the ears. To me you’re voice is really suited for the blues.

1 Like

Your sweet comments are very encouraging. Thank you!

Very cool! Really enjoyed that, Donna! Well done! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Maybe this is a translation thing,…but what I mean is that you already sing great :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:,…and I also hear something in your voice that I really want to hear more and better,…and maybe you can used that already in that way,…i’ve only heard one song where you’re actually busy with your guitar, :smile:…but i hear something in your voice that i really, really love :star_struck:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Donna,

Thought the vocal was great; expressive and tuneful.

Thought the playing was fine. Didn’t notice any tempo issues - but I get sucked into the performance, so doesn’t bother me if something slows down or speeds up a little.
That said, if you’re wanting to try and tighten up your tempo/groove - perhaps try playing to a drum track instead of a metronome. I find it much easier than listening to a simple click.

Digger

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I love the idea of using a drum track! I am so bad about ignoring the metronome, once I get into playing. I really appreciate the kind feedback!

Thank you!

Donna, this is just fantastic and fun.
Looking forward to seeing your open Mic performance next week, and more posts of you playing!

1 Like

Thanks for your kind support! I look forward to your performance as well. :sunglasses:

Congrats on your first Avoyp Donna, I really enjoyed it…I liked the groove and I think your vocals are amazing! :clap::clap::clap::blush:

1 Like

Thanks! I enjoy listening to your videos too! You are good at expressing emotion through your music. <3

1 Like

Donna that was great ! Thank you !

1 Like

You really made that your own Donna, it was quirky and fun. Your vocal was fab, it was rich, velvety and dare I say it chocolaty :joy: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:

:rofl: Thanks for the sweet compliments!

1 Like

That was really good. I think it is almost impossible to be objective about your own voice. In a recent interview Bill Callahan whose voice I adore said about listening to himself sing "I hate listening to my voice – any sane person does. I mean, their own music – I don’t think any sane person necessarily would hate my music. But listening to your voice, it’s like trying to tickle yourself – it doesn’t really work on you
I think it is not surprising that so far everyone has commented on how well you sing. I agree with them.

2 Likes

:blush: Thank you!

Good analogy. I’ll keep it in mind.

Excellent!

1 Like

I really enjoyed that, Donna, as well as you having a really good voice I liked the staccato phrasing, both voice and guitar. I’m a wee bit jealous tbh, whenever I’ve tried this song I just can’t get the timing right after the start of verse 2!

1 Like