Girl - The Beatles

RE: the solo.
You can play 2 notes together and allow them to ring out so it has a fuller sound.
Bear with me I will create something.

1 Like

That was excellent Gordon, great song, great playing and great vocal. :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: You look so comfortable in your own skin when your playing that it makes the listener comfortable too :smiley:

1 Like

Here goes.
George ran up and down the minor scale in melodic movements. I have found a way of achieving some doubled-up notes which I think / I hope sound good.
I created two versions in a lower / higher register.
For each version I have created a full TAB that also includes standard notation above which can show you where the notes are allowed to ring out - look for a curved ‘tie’ marking.
The 8 bars I have split so the first half is played with quarter notes and the second half with doubled up notes playing swung eighths.
I have also created audio for each with two run-throughs, the first is the solo on its own the second is the solo with backing.
I hope this gives you something fun to work on.

Girl - instrumental 01 - higher register

Girl - instrumental 02 - lower register

1 Like

@Richard_close2u
Above and beyond Richard! Thanks so much for taking the time to make those additional sound files.
Did you play the solos on acoustic guitar? They have a sort of chiming sound to them.
Great stuff. I’ll have a go and see if I can play the double notes in your TAB.

The more I listen to this Beatles original and many of their others, the more little nuances I can pick out. There is so much more to what seems to be one of their ‘simple’ songs than meets the eye (ear!). No wonder they’ve stood the test of time!
Before I started learning guitar I simply listened to music. Now I find I’m trying to analyse what’s being played.

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and support Nancy. I’m pleased you enjoyed my version of the song.

1 Like

Excellent job! :ok_hand:

1 Like

@MadModMcd
Thanks for the listen Ian. Appreciated.

Gordon, I figured them out on guitar but the audio tracks are mp3s created from the Guitar Pro file I made.

1 Like

That was a marvelous job!

I thought the solo worked quite well as is, although the sound could be fuller there. Not sure the best way to achieve that, but I see some other commenters have already made some suggestions.

That was excellent Gordon. No sign that you have not touched your guitar in a month. Really well played and sung.

I hope those sairfingers are now a distant memory, probably a bit like your holiday is. :frowning:

1 Like

@perfectlyGoodInk @SgtColon
Thanks for the supportive comments guys, much appreciated as ever.
Yes Stefan, the holiday is already a distant memory as is the sunny weather. -5C in my garden this morning! :cold_face:

1 Like

Hi, nicely done.

I’m new here, but if I may make a suggestion regarding the solo section it would be to consider striking a drone backing note that rings out and supports the melody played during the solo.

This looks like Amaj scale so simply play the 5th string A note and then follow up with the high notes or strike the A string with the pick and simultaneously pluck what your other note choices are on the high strings.

I play solo acoustic all the time and this fills out the sound nicely while supporting the harmony. Of course this only works when an open string note is in key or especially a chord tone.

cheers

2 Likes

That was great Gordon! I was singing right along with you. It’s always a good day for a little Beatles :grinning:

1 Like

Nice work, Gordon! Wish I could do one takes half as well.

1 Like

Brilliant my friend , sounded great and brilliant timing :open_hands:

1 Like

Very nice Gordon. Love the Beatles and you nailed it. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

@bblak @Jenndye429 @think2100 @gmdavies60 @RonG
Thanks a lot for the listen and supportive comments guys. You can’t go far wrong with a bit of the Beatles.
Yes Brian, I’m working on trying to fill out the solo part a bit.

2 Likes