Greetings from Steve in Oz

Hey bloke - welcome to the community. Cheers.

1 Like

I’m an avid AFL watcher. Does that count? :grin:

HA! Yes it counts, I just hope you don’t follow the Swans like we do :cry:

1 Like

Since I only get one or two games a weekend I haven’t been able to get to know any one team well enough to form any allegiances. I just enjoy the heck out of the game.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know what you settled on. I knew Jack Spira years ago (he lived nearby) and would have loved to get one of his instruments but they are a bit out of my price range now.

Hi Alan,
I went with a Cole Clark Angle 2. Bunya top and Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides.
You can see it here (not being played to its potential :rofl: )
Those Jack Spira guitars look nice too!

Welcome Steve, the lack of musical DNA made me smile, quite the same over here, but that won’t prevent us from learning and enjoying and being able to make some music :blush:

1 Like

Ah… nice (both guitar and your progress!).

I had heard of Cole Clark but hadn’t looked at their instruments - they are a very successful company by the look of their range and overseas outlets. Great for Aust makers to be doing so well… and great for you to buy Australian!

2 Likes

Hi Steven,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Steve, great to have you in the Community and kudos for jumping into AVOYP quickly too. I’m sure you have already found the community welcome to be warm and hearty. :slight_smile:
I notice you name check Powderfinger. I’m a big, big fan of The Church who have had Ian Haug as guitarist for the last ten years or so.
Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Welcome Steve, from another Aussie.
You’re in the right place here mate. Great tuition and a great community.

Stick close to Justins lessons, and reach out here anytime, for help, or just a chat.

Look forward to your progress.
All the best.

Cheers Shane

1 Like

Oh the church are fantastic! I think Ian was pretty chuffed to be able to go from one great band to another Aussie icon.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome Shane :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Steve. Liked the lack of musical DNA, I must suffer from that as well as it takes me ages to get to grips with anything guitar related.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Coxy108 !

2 Likes

Hey Steve, welcome to the community, good to hear from yet another Aussie in the forums.

Congratulations on getting a Cole Clark. I had the chance to do the Cole Clark factory tour last year while in Melbourne. If you get to do it, you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Great to have you here with us Steve. I’m another Aussie but from Melbourne where it seems to be mostly cold and wet these day :confused: ….but at least there are lots of opportunities to practice! Enjoy that Cole Clark. They certainly are a beautiful instrument …and good luck on your guitar journey :+1:

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea of that. What a great piece of trivia

1 Like

Hi Steve and welcome. I’m over in Perth. Just wondering if you had checked out Maton guitars when you were looking for a new one. Beautiful guitars, but pricey. Haven’t got one myself yet, but maybe someday! Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Welcome to the Community! Learning guitar is fun and cool, isn’t it? :smile:

2 Likes