Guitar Challenge (Blues Study Pieces) - Solo Blues Guitar (Justin Sandercoe)

RE: Contrary Blues.
That’s another fine rendition @snah - and I would rather hear it slower and clean than full tempo and messy. Kudos for knowing your limit, packing it away for another day and moving on. You make an interesting observation on your picking hand. Moving it along the strings does affect the tone you get - from mellow to bright as you get closer to the bridge. It does depend on the sound you like and want for a piece and is worth experimenting with.
Kudos and good vibes for another good entry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was a really good one you put a lot of work to it and clearly it paid off :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for feedback!
Always appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:
In the future I will be more aware of the hand position and how it affects the sound.

1 Like

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello Hans,
I enjoyed this early in the morning :sunglasses: :sunglasses:…I myself should have started with these blues studies too…just one I’ve finished…and as far as that pace is concerned, the more you have done,then go back to this one and I think you are right at the pace you want in minutes…I look forward to your next one, have fun.
Greetings ,Rogier

2 Likes

Okey, it took some time, but here is Raggy Island Blues.
Played at 100 bpm, which is medium speed according to Justin. Full speed is 140 bpm… I think it would be a bit too time consuming to nail it at140 bpm, so much other cool things play :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sounds great, Hans, well played.

2 Likes

That sounds great well played!

2 Likes

Hi Hans,
Nice well played :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:,a string buzz is forgiven :wink:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Good going @Snah
Super big kudos and good vibes for keeping the solo blues challenge healthy and fresh as you make progress in this great style of play too.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

That was very cool Hans :sunglasses:

It evoked a vision on sitting down at a bayou, on a warm summers eve sipping homemade lemonade out of a jam jar.

2 Likes

ooh tried the steady thumb blues and sucked, didnt give it much time as my brains melted from a long day, so will come back to it!

1 Like

That was great, Hans, well played and an inspiration for me to check out these challenges.

2 Likes

Hi Rob,
Then try the ‘Walking’Easy Blues’ first. I find this one much easier to do in any case, that small hand is the hardest part for me (stretchy so avoiding unwanted noise), but for the rest it is much easier for me to start with…have fun with it :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Uh which one is that I assume I need to sub for the tab?

1 Like

Hi Rob,
Yes, I didn’t realize there was a free one as a taster,…believe me it’s really worth that tenner if you only “pass” one.
Greetings,…

2 Likes

Great I’ll give it a go

2 Likes

Nice one! Impressive.

2 Likes

OK back to this as its about the fundamentals of what I am working on now anyhow

Sill working on steady thumb blues - what I have found working well for me so far is load the gp4 into GP and play along with it at a steady speed - I’m looping bars 3-6 at 60% for now and doing ok.

4 Likes

Very nice, is this something you made-up?

2 Likes