Guitar corner in my home - ideas?

Hello, for my starter I am thinking about this little one. I saw some good reviews on it.
Also I would like to have here some space I can put picks and capo… some study materials for music learning.

1 Like

Hehe, I will start with just this one and I will see. I hope I wont fall to this addiction too soon. I already can see how hard it will be. :smiley: I am gonna check this community so I can find topic you are talking about. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

What @RobDickinson did.

Unless you can make the corner bigger, then just add additional guitars.

3 Likes

You and I think alike :laughing:

1 Like

I would squeeze in some more guitars on those walls, looks empty to me! :rofl:

2 Likes

To what Rogier refers to:

Music Room Set-Up

1 Like

I would layout a carpet there (a Persian rug), that seems pretty guitar-cornerly to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have any concrete example? I checked internet for 120x120cm rug, but did not find any good. But rug is first think I was looking for. I have to go somewhere physicaly… maybe to some Chinese shops and have a look.

I think it needs something to make it seem bigger. Like one or both walls mirrored or perhaps photo realistic wallpaper scene. Maybe you could find one that looks like a guitar store?

Like this:

1 Like

Hello, so today I have my first update. I got new guitar chair and I really love it. ^^

1 Like

Hey, that’s all you need, really.

Actually, I find that I often need a table of some sort: to put my tab sheet on or my computer if I’m learning from a video. I actually have a little corner like you do, but sometimes I sit at my dining room table for learning purposes.

2 Likes

Just an idea: since the corner isn’t very large and a desk or some other flat surface can be useful, why don’t you try one that can be mounted on the wall and folded down when (not) needed? It might save a bit of space for you. Examples of what I have in mind:

1 Like

My corner of the dining room. It works for me!

1 Like

Genuine question, if you play an acoustic, do you need it louder at home?

I would like to have some table or place “up” so I can put here my pick and phone when I am tunning my guitar. Also I would like to have some nice little combo, so I will need some… bookshelve or something like that. :slight_smile:

Actually… I never heard it from AMP at home, but I am planning to buy electric guitar, one day. Right now I would like buy electroacoustic and would love to hear that single fingerstyle pattern more loud. :slight_smile: Or you think it is not good idea and I should wait?

This one looks like from some movie, I really like it. I can feel from picture its really comfortable place. :slight_smile:

I think this one looks really great, later this day I am gonna check Ikea how much does it cost and I will think about if its good for me or not. Thanks for tip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks pretty good but I am pretty scared that my planned decorations would disappear in this wall paint. I am thinking about painting one whole side of wall by one color, so it make nice divide in corner, but I am not that sure yet.

Last year I did my first ever paintjob like this and I think it ended up well (dont mind wet spots please, color was not fully dry when I was taking photo)
But I think for the corner I will go for some darker color and without any motive, because I got on this side TV and shelves that I dont wanna “lost”. :slight_smile:

It really depends what you want your electric guitars to sound like.

That fender will work very well with acoustic guitars using piezo pickups, to sound like acoustic guitars with some chorus etc (it also looks like its setup for a mic too).

Not so much for electric guitars though, so I wouldnt say dont buy it if thats what you are after, but its not going to get you playing rock, blues or metal etc.

1 Like