Hello everyone, I'm Alison, determined to learn this time

Hello everyone I am Alison, I was 60 years old a month ago and for my birthday I bought myself a new guitar. I got my first when I was 13 I now own 2 acoustic , 2 electro acoustics and 1 electric and I still can’t play them. Talk about all the gear and no idea. This time has got to be the last time I say I will do it . Im just going to do it :blush:

22 Likes

Welcome to the forum Alison. You’re in good company here there are quite a few 60 + teenagers relearning the right way this time. You find some of their stories here #(Older guitar students - can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?)

6 Likes

A warm welcome to the community, Alison. That’s a mighty collection of guitars you have there. You know it’s customary to post a picture of your guitar collection. You’ve found the right place to learn to play guitar. Just follow the course and you’ll be playing songs in no time.

5 Likes

Welcome Alison! You’re totally going to do it! Well done on having another crack! Good luck and enjoy! :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Happiest of birthdays to you Alison.

I spent years of wishing I could play. Decided to get serious 10 years ago and now I’m having a huge amount of fun playing guitar.

Justin helped me heaps in the early days. There’s a lesson on one minute chord changes that really helped. Spend as much time as you can in the beginners area.

For me, learning my first song, an easy one, was a huge breakthrough. Once I could play a song all the way through, nothing was gonna stop me.

5 Likes

Welcome and happy birthday!

Let’s get you into playign those babies properly!

What CAN you do?
We’ll poitn you at the right point to start off in the course.
It isn’t a bad idea to start all the way from the top though, that way you don’t miss good tips and you make sure you don’t build on bad habits.

3 Likes

Welcome, starting again at 62 just over a year ago after a 40 year break, I hope this site\course will do at least as much for you.

3 Likes

Hi Alison,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
And don’t be shy and ask what you want to know about guitar/gear etc :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Hello Alison and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Well if Justin can’t make you do it, then no one can. Enjoy your guitar journey.

3 Likes

Welcome, Alison! Glad to have you! The community here is a great resource. Don’t be afraid to reach out!

Best Wishes,
Todd

3 Likes

Hi Alison
Yes u can!!!

Just like you i picked the guitar a few times. And didnt do mutch with it. But at some point. You jusg gotta do it!!

I wish u luck

Keep us updating

3 Likes

Hi Alison and good to meet you! Having all the gear is a great start point, now to get to the “idea” :wink: Have fun and look after all of those lovely instruments :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Alison, so nice to meet you :hugs:.
Wow, that’s a fine collection you’ve already gathered :star_struck:. High time to play them :smiley:. With Justin, you’ve found a fantastic teacher, and with this community a wonderful additional support. So no excuses this time :wink:.
I wish you a wonderful guitar journey and lots of fun with all your six-string-friends :blush:.

4 Likes

Welcome Alison :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Alison, welcome to this wonderful, supportive community. I’m also 60+ and the owner of 5 guitars (3 electric, 1 acoustic, 1 electro-acoustic), far more than is justified by my ability.Over the last decade or so I’ve started Justin’s beginner course at least 3 times after long periods of not playing. Despite having actually completed the classic (original) beginner course, I’ve found doing the first 2 grades of the new course great fun, I’ve consolidated previous learning and still learned new tips & techniques. I’ve no doubt you’ll be inspired by Justin’s inimitable teaching style, and if you ever get discouraged, come to this community where you will feel the love!!!

4 Likes

Hi Alison, welcome to the community. You’ll find plenty of encouraging and helpful advice here.

3 Likes

Hi Alison! I hope for you it will be the case that there is something about Justin and his teaching methods that finally makes it that “this is the time”. There are so many stories that people have posted here along those lines :blush: Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome Alison
Well, you’ve gone and told us all now, so you have a whole new fan base to support and encourage you! Have fun
Paul

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s very true.
Well I have started working my way through the lessons and I can already play much more than I have ever played so I agree I’m on to a winner here :+1:

2 Likes

Hello Alison and welcome to the community.

You can do it. Using JustinGuitar and the fantastic free lessons of his beginner course you will do it. Being a member of the community and enjoying a unique and wonderful supportive and encouraging group of people, you will have a means of sharing the ups and downs as you do it.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator