Hello from Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada

Hi All,
Another old dog starting my guitar journey. I’ve been jumping around for the past two years, using various YouTubers as teachers. I’ve finally narrowed things down to focus only on Justin’s lessons. I feel I will progress faster with some focus.
I’ve been a drummer for decades with years of recording and touring experience. A couple of years back, I decided to concentrate on learning at least the basics of guitar, to help with song writing collaboration. A year ago, I was side-lined by a finger injury on my fretting hand. I now have no feeling in the tip of my middle finger. This makes feeling placement on the string a challenge, but such is life. I’m back at it. Anyway, glad to be here. I think Justin is a fantastic teacher and has built quite an impressive learning community here.
Regards,
Brian

11 Likes

Brian @BrianFV
First of all welcome to the community.
I admire your drive to keep going. :+1:
Michael

2 Likes

Welcome, @BrianFV Brian !

2 Likes

Hi Brian,
Welcome here and I wish you a long and strong learning curve and above all a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hey Brian, welcome to the community. Coming from a drumming background should give you certain advantages. Enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Brian

2 Likes

Brian, welcome to the community forum. With your extensive drumming experience you should quickly advance in all the rhythm work. I hope you get some feeling back in your finger. I’ve had nerve damage before where the nerves at least partially grew back and had feeling return.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Brian!

2 Likes

Hello Brian, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
It seems that music has always been an important part of your life.
I wish you a great guitar journey :guitar::smiley:.

2 Likes

Hello Brian… welcome to the community. sorry to hear about your injury. As a teenager(35 years ago) I played drums in high school. Still have my Slingerland set, and will probably never let go of them.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Group Brian. :wave:

R.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Brian! Your background as a drummer will help you a lot! Have fun with your guitar!

2 Likes

Hello Brian and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Sounds like you should be okay with your rhythm guitar. :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Brian and welcome to the Community! Wow…a drummer :star_struck: …you know how this is gonna help you in your guitar journey!? I’m sure you’re going find your ways, your own solutions for that middle finger not working as it should and you’ll learn how to compesate for that! I wish you a lot of fun with your six-strings :blush:

2 Likes

Hello Brian
Welcome to the community :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome and the words of encouragement! It’s great to meet you all. I look forward to discussing “all things guitar” with you!

2 Likes

Welcome Brian. With your background you should have some advantages.

2 Likes

Hi Brian and welcome to the community. How’s Vegas doing? I was born and raised in LV, went to UNLV, and still have family there. Moved to Reno and after nearly 40 years there, moved to New Orleans. You will really benefit from Justin’s approach to teaching/learning guitar. He’s such a fantastic teacher. Good luck with the finger.

2 Likes

Thanks! Vegas is growing by leaps and bounds! I’m a native New Yorker, and having been out here for a few years I can see the city growing exponentially! New homes, shopping, etc. A lot of people don’t realize Las Vegas is much more than The Strip. Now home to professional sports teams, LV is becoming much more of a family community.

1 Like

I was born in 1950 and as a kid I can remember when the population was 125,000. The last I heard, the LV Metro area was about 2.8 million. I moved to So. Cal for school in 1973 after UNLV, and when I came back 4 years later I got lost. I go see my sister, who lives in Henderson, and I’m always surprised at how much it’s grown since my last visit. Good luck with your JustinGuitar adventure. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the journey.

2 Likes